The Student Room Group

AQA M1SB 8th of june 2016 unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Anyone get 0.355 for the probability of each bottle in the pack?
Original post by Harryg123456

I think I got 0.354, but there is usually a range of answers they accept.

I think I got that too :smile:
Reply 23
for the reduction of the mean one with the normal distribution and the probability being 0.1 or something I think i got 1522.7 so the mean was reduced by 2.3..? not sure if that's right
Reply 24
Correction made for now
with regards to the CI questions part bii) you were asked to comment on the claim that 25% or less of the customers bought less than 200 euros
after the conversions of £ to euros and the calculation (no. of customers/n) this claim came to be valid

- I'm unsure of the exact percentage
Original post by Language student

Can you remember how you got that because I think I got it right but I can't remember my answer!
Original post by Chickenslayer69
Crap... forgot to divide by the square root of n, i'm dumb

how many marks was that Q ive literally never done this question wrong

It was 4 marks
Reply 27
Original post by Dapperblook22
it wasn't the first 10, as otherwise you would be comparing pounds to euros. You had to either convert the euros to pounds, or the pounds to euros and then find that it was 7/40 entries.

Correct , thanks for pointing that out
It was 4 marks

Do you think I might get 1 mark for working? So annoyed. :angry::angry::angry:
Original post by TIF141
Wasn't it 8/40 as one was exactly 166.67 which is 200/1.2? And I think it said 'at most 200', which includes £166.67?

Yes
Reply 30
Original post by Sirelis
for the reduction of the mean one with the normal distribution and the probability being 0.1 or something I think i got 1522.7 so the mean was reduced by 2.3..? not sure if that's right

I think I got about 2.3 :biggrin:
Original post by Sirelis

Yep I got that aswell
Original post by Hbassett26
Can you remember how you got that because I think I got it right but I can't remember my answer!

I used the Normal Stat Mode on the calculator and enter the following: Lower : 505
Upper: 99999999999999
s.d: 3.5
mean: 508.5

Which I get the probability of 0.841, then 0.841^6 which equals to 0.354 to 3sfg
Yep I got that aswell

Me too, I asked my friends and they said they just left it as 1522.7... I was so worried before, now I am confident with my 2.3 hahaha
W

Was that the one which u get like 0.8 something ^6
Original post by Parhomus
W

Was that the one which u get like 0.8 something ^6

Yep
Original post by Chickenslayer69
Do you think I might get 1 mark for working? So annoyed. :angry::angry::angry:

I think I done that questions wrong as well looking at what people said here, I didn't get any negatives... according to my calculator's history.. oh well..
Reply 37
I used the Normal Stat Mode on the calculator and enter the following: Lower : 505
Upper: 99999999999999
s.d: 3.5
mean: 508.5

Which I get the probability of 0.841, then 0.841^6 which equals to 0.354 to 3sfg

You can just use "10" for an infinite upper limit or "-10" for a lower instead of 9999999999999
I think I done that questions wrong as well looking at what people said here, I didn't get any negatives... according to my calculator's history.. oh well..

Yeah, I know that I did it wrong and I know what I did wrong, but I don't know how many marks I'd get for forgetting to divide by square root of n. I'd definitely lose 2 for getting the interval wrong, but I'm not sure about the other 2...
Original post by TobyMel
You can just use "10" for an infinite upper limit or "-10" for a lower instead of 9999999999999

I don't know, thats the way I have been teached :smile: Learn something new everyday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending