The Student Room Group

OCR Computing 8th June 2016 Thoughts?

I thought some of that was pretty hard... what did everyone else think? Also, what is metadata? it's data described by data, right?
I thought it was pretty 🙈
i said: Metadata is defined as "data about data"
then i gave height and width of an image as examples. there was more to that question but i can't remember :colonhash:
Original post by rflxvvrbs
i said: Metadata is defined as "data about data"
then i gave height and width of an image as examples. there was more to that question but i can't remember :colonhash:

yeah sounds about right. thanks
Really didnt like that paper myself :/ lauren and her damn computing website had me stumped... And had no clue what a translator was... kinda disappointed tbh...
Reply 5
I think it was okay, I was a bit disappointed that logic gates didn't come up 2 years in a row.
Haha yeah that one was a bit odd... ethical issues with a website?? Wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah and there was only 2 questions on calculations! Disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile
A generally easy paper compared to past years for me personally. The questions seemed similar to past papers and it felt more knowledge based than application for me.
I thought it was harder than the past papers. Applicated knowledge isy strong point though. I got at least 80% on all the past papers, and this one was so much harder
I thought it was pretty decent, got a bit stumped on the bit about ethical issues though :frown:
Grade boundaries will possibly be low because the majority of people have not been taught computer science correctly, there's nothing to worry about if you think you got more than 40.
Reply 13
For ethical I think I put cyberbullying, need to censor swearing/inappropiate content/use of moderation, and preventing cheating e.g. on CAs (lol)

For legal I think I mentioned protecting student data under Data Protection Act, obtaining permission for objects on website (e.g. copyright issues) and ensuring students don't use it for illegal activities e.g. pirating/hacking

Lauren may be overthinking this a bit though :tongue:
I had no idea what the difference between the internet and the world wide web was. But, luckily just before the exam I read a line describing the difference. I didn't understand it much but just remembered that line so wrote it down. Don't know if that would work though. I think it was an okay exam, not as hard as I expected it to be-it was easier than past papers for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending