The Student Room Group

WJEC IT3 A2 ICT Exam - Wednesday 22nd June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by jessicajones1998
I think you would just need to consider written communication like you will have to on each answer so therefore writing it like this:

The network manager can manage the network with remote management. The use of this software allows him to streamline his job to a more manageable level. Allowing the network manager to take control of stations and guide the students and staffs through problems in steps. This centralized capability also allows him to check the number of licences which is legally allowed to be installed, re-install software, re-setup stations and update software such as an anti-virus program. If there is culmination of traffic for a certain printer in one of the school’s site, then he can clear the printer queues. He can also shut down a student who has forgotten to logoff or has been inactive for an extended time, and can centrally set regular times for virus scanning on the whole system, thus saving time than doing it manually.

You obviously took this from one of the fullmark module answer I made; I recognised it straight away :h:
Are they helpful? :smile:

Original post by ClockworkPaws
Aww that's bull >< Sorry to hear that. My teacher knew from last year that I was desperate to do anything for full marks (I stayed behind after school every day for a week working relentlessly until I got full marks). Even so, and even after I DID definitely respond to her feedback and include EVERYTHING she asked of me, I still got 99. Pretty irritating considering all the work I put in specifically to get 100.

My A2 got sent off as a sample as well as my AS. For A2 I also responded to all my teacher's comments, it also said I did well. Yet my teacher marked it again and gave me an abhorrent 79/100 and stating that I simply didn't include further detail, and I could not see the problem as I did everything my teacher said. Everyone else's was marked down a few mark before sending off deadline.
Reply 41
I need to know three different subjects for tomorrow, anyone got quick tips on what I need to know for the it exam? :/ (And what i can learn in like a couple hours.)
Original post by OwenSallows
I completely get what you mean, this is why WJEC are scrapping this course, don't understand why our schools do this exam board, there are so many other, better ones :|

It's actually the worst exam board imo >< well, maybe except OCR with their 'guesstimating' my english paper last year...

As evening sets in I'mgetting VERY panicked now ;^; It's so hard to remember everything! Any last minute cramming tips?
Reply 43
Hey, could somebody please give me a coherent answer to this question?? We didn't cover it in my class!

Describe three different examples which illustrate the difference between legal and moral issues with respect to codes of conduct. [6]

Disinformation
Moral - Not fully informing potential customers of clients of all available facts concerning products or services. For example, imminent introduction of new models.
Legal - An estate agent putting false information about a house on the website in contradiction of the properties act which covers what the estate agent cannot do.

Privacy
Moral - Companies monitoring their staff's use of e-mail or the internet with a view of detecting misuse or out of curiosity.
Legal - Seeing personal details of people who have not given their permission for the details to be transferred.

Employment Patterns
Moral - Call centres have caused many people to lose jobs as they have been moved abroad where labour is cheaper leading to ICT 'sweatshops'.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 44
It's actually the worst exam board imo >< well, maybe except OCR with their 'guesstimating' my english paper last year...

As evening sets in I'mgetting VERY panicked now ;^; It's so hard to remember everything! Any last minute cramming tips?

What i did earlier was answer some questions as it helps when you write stuff down. Now i'm going over my flashcards then maybe later will answer more questions. Then before the exam tomorrow i'll go over my flashcards on things i'm not completely sure on.

Original post by Lewis7_
I need to know three different subjects for tomorrow, anyone got quick tips on what I need to know for the it exam? :/ (And what i can learn in like a couple hours.)

Database is also something you should try to understand as it always comes up in section b as one of the question unless they dramatically change the pattern so you can guarantee some marks there.
(edited 7 years ago)
With the marking of WJEC being so strict, does anyone know how the marks are allocated, like do you need to get the answer exact to the mark scheme or can you be a little off?
Reply 46
Original post by aidarman1
With the marking of WJEC being so strict, does anyone know how the marks are allocated, like do you need to get the answer exact to the mark scheme or can you be a little off?

last year, (AS) you last marks for not saying "To plan a route" with a satnav.

"You could use voice navigation in a cars satnav" wouldnt get it. SO, they are very very specific.

Worst thing you can do is panic! Just stay calm, tbh i'll finish revising in around an hour or two and hop on the PS4 :rolleyes: Last minute revision for tonight would be looking through mark schemes and studying how you are awarded marks, instead of the actual content!

Original post by Lewis7_
last year, (AS) you last marks for not saying "To plan a route" with a satnav.

"You could use voice navigation in a cars satnav" wouldnt get it. SO, they are very very specific.

I don't think that's particularly why, it's more the markers being very inconsistent as they don't really understand where to award marks, because any other exam board would accept that answer, but because it would be too easy if they didn't include stuff like that, that's why it happens. This is also a reason as to why this spec is being scrapped. The best advice for this exam is write an example for everything you write as well as well as expand on every point, for example, giving an advantage you would then need to expand that advantage, whether it's in an example or saying why it would help.
(edited 7 years ago)
Worst thing you can do is panic! Just stay calm, tbh i'll finish revising in around an hour or two and hop on the PS4 :rolleyes: Last minute revision for tonight would be looking through mark schemes and studying how you are awarded marks, instead of the actual content!

I don't think that's particularly why, it's more the markers being very inconsistent as they don't really understand where to award marks, because any other exam board would accept that answer, but because it would be too easy if they didn't include stuff like that, that's why it happens. This is also a reason as to why this spec is being scrapped. The best advice for this exam is write an example for everything you write as well as well as expand on every point, for example, giving an advantage you would then need to expand that advantage, whether it's in an example or saying why it would help.

I'm just typing up my answers to every single past paper since 2012 now, it's much faster than writing and timing in the exam isn't an issue, I hope this works >< I'll read over my notes (I condensed all 9 topics into 9 sheets of notes) before sleeping then again before I go in. I just wish it stuck - thing is, all the advantages/disadvantages are so similar it gets confusing. E.g. wireless VS cable is similar to dial up vs broadband which is similar to adv/disadv of mobile access which is similar to.. you get the drift ^^"
I'm just typing up my answers to every single past paper since 2012 now, it's much faster than writing and timing in the exam isn't an issue, I hope this works >< I'll read over my notes (I condensed all 9 topics into 9 sheets of notes) before sleeping then again before I go in. I just wish it stuck - thing is, all the advantages/disadvantages are so similar it gets confusing. E.g. wireless VS cable is similar to dial up vs broadband which is similar to adv/disadv of mobile access which is similar to.. you get the drift ^^"

By the sounds of it you sound prepared, the advantages/disadvantages are confusing, i think you'll find everyone will agree with that! As long as you go in with a positive attitude in the exam tomorrow you'll be fine!
Original post by Rawr97
You obviously took this from one of the fullmark module answer I made; I recognised it straight away :h:
Are they helpful? :smile:

My A2 got sent off as a sample as well as my AS. For A2 I also responded to all my teacher's comments, it also said I did well. Yet my teacher marked it again and gave me an abhorrent 79/100 and stating that I simply didn't include further detail, and I could not see the problem as I did everything my teacher said. Everyone else's was marked down a few mark before sending off deadline.

Yes so helpful thank you! You're a star
IM SO NERVOUS.

Does anyone has some predictions that they think will come up ?!
IM SO NERVOUS.

Does anyone has some predictions that they think will come up ?!

It looks like HCI for novices/experts along with 'helping a child learn to read' will come up, MIS always comes up too. It also seems that feasibility reports will come up also!
It looks like HCI for novices/experts along with 'helping a child learn to read' will come up, MIS always comes up too. It also seems that feasibility reports will come up also!

Internet and Network always comes up. Also SDLC has come up for the last 3 papers.
Original post by lemoncart
Internet and Network always comes up. Also SDLC has come up for the last 3 papers.

Yeah this is true, feasibility reports come under SDLC, see the attached to see what i'm looking at!

I'm definitely going to revise this now. Regarding feasibility reports, is that just user requirements must be identified (ams and objectives), cost benefit analysis of the new system (human resources, training requirements etc) and so on ........... ???
Yeah this is true, feasibility reports come under SDLC, see the attached to see what i'm looking at!

this is what I'm looking at too
I'm definitely going to revise this now. Regarding feasibility reports, is that just user requirements must be identified (ams and objectives), cost benefit analysis of the new system (human resources, training requirements etc) and so on ........... ???

From the Jan 13 paper...
Five marks for what system investigation includes (can give up to 2 marks for any one factor if distinct enough)
Examples:
User requirements should be identified (aims and objectives).
Definition of the scope of the present system (outline current system). -Organisational chart -Define sources of data -Methods of data capture
Major data processing functions and processes (data flow) -o High level (contextual view) data flow
Identification of problems with the current system.
Cost benefit analysis of the new system / Consider cost implications in terms of human resources, consultancy fees, training requirements, hardware upgrading, payment to third party providers, licences and fees, etc
Details of existing hardware and software. / Consider technical issues including: do they have equipment to implement; do they have in-house technical expertise; are there compatibility issues with existing systems
Consider operational issues including: impact on day to day work; what training will be required; will re-structuring be necessary; security; other logistic and practical issues
Potential improvements / benefits on the new system Conclusions / Is it worth proceeding.
From the Jan 13 paper...
Five marks for what system investigation includes (can give up to 2 marks for any one factor if distinct enough)
Examples:
User requirements should be identified (aims and objectives).
Definition of the scope of the present system (outline current system). -Organisational chart -Define sources of data -Methods of data capture
Major data processing functions and processes (data flow) -o High level (contextual view) data flow
Identification of problems with the current system.
Cost benefit analysis of the new system / Consider cost implications in terms of human resources, consultancy fees, training requirements, hardware upgrading, payment to third party providers, licences and fees, etc
Details of existing hardware and software. / Consider technical issues including: do they have equipment to implement; do they have in-house technical expertise; are there compatibility issues with existing systems
Consider operational issues including: impact on day to day work; what training will be required; will re-structuring be necessary; security; other logistic and practical issues
Potential improvements / benefits on the new system Conclusions / Is it worth proceeding.

Awesomeeeeeee , thank you
Original post by lemoncart
this is what I'm looking at too

It does seem that 'The Internet' topics didn't really come up last year? Only came up in the form of FTP, so that could potentially be on section B or there could be a lot of questions on this, what do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending