Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your #1 most recommended film!

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

The Green Mile

The Exorcist is my all time fave followed by The Green Mile but for one I'd recommend people must see, it would definitely be The Green Mile.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    The Green Mile

The Exorcist is my all time fave followed by The Green Mile but for one I'd recommend people must see, it would definitely be The Green Mile.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great film Have it on DVD.

I'll give you a list of films I have really enjoyed - whether the quality, direction, acting and plot is good, or I associate it with some kind of nostalgia, or what have you:

- Lost in Translation (beautifully filmed, two of my favourite actors, gorgeous location, great soundtrack and a wonderful story)
    - Amelie (rich colours and characters, very French, very cute, very sweet)
    - Addams Family Values (everyone's seen it but how couldn't I include it? It's such a fantastically funny film)
    - Fargo (Coen Brothers - another great story and fantastic characters, dark and funny)
    - Burn After Reading (Coen Brothers - more great characters! A great, ever-expanding story)
    - The Big Lebowski (more Coen Brothers... timeless classic. Just hilarious)
    - Gone Girl (one of my favourite adaptions, classic Fincher, intense, dark, terrifying, complex, brilliant paced)
    - Airplane! (a comedy classic, a gag every minute, seriously funny)
    - Trainspotting (very Scottish, beautiful and grimy, wonderful and sick making)
    - Little Miss Sunshine (for anyone who identifies with the stress and mayhem of family events!)
    - Goodfellas (classic gangster film, I personally prefer it to the Godfather etc)
    - The Shining (who doesn't love Kubrick?)
    - Misery (MISTER MAN!)
    - The Grand Budapest Hotel (Wes Anderson is one of my favourites and this is one of his greatest films with a ridiculously rich cast)
    - Hard Candy (Ellen Page - a teenager meets up with an online predator... but who's the real predator?)
    - A Serious Man (hey, more Coen, and more great characters and a brilliant plot)

And these are just some! Hope you enjoy.

(Original post by SassKing13)
    The Green Mile
    The Shawshank Redemption
    Cast Away
    Cape Fear (remake - though I bet the original is good too)
    The Firm
    Don't Look Now
    The Warriors
    Cool Hand Luke
    Secret Window
    Felicia's Journey
    The Hand That Rocks the Cradle

All I can think of at the moment There's probably more
    Secret Window is one of my all time favourites! It still gets me whenever I watch it! <3

(Original post by mehtj006)
    Lord of the Rings
    The Revanant
    Usual Suspects
    The Conjuring
    Shawshank Redemption
    Django Unchained
    Escape from Alcatraz
    White Chicks
    The Godfather
    Schlindlers List
    American History X
    The Departed
    Inglorious Bastards
    Dark Knight
    LA Confidential

On a seperate note scrap watching films and watch Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead. You will love them.
    Thank you, I am very tempted for GoT, there are just so many to catch up on!

Civil War

I'm a sucker for a rom-com, so I say "What If?"

The Conjuring 1 & 2
    The Ring 1 & 2
    Sinister 1 & 2
    Insidious 1 2 & 3
    Well that's IF you like horror films...

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.