The Student Room Group

GCSE GEOGRAPHY HUMAN 8/6/2016 How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Hannxhq
For population what was the 8 marker on? I thought it was about the strategies of a country trying to control rapid population growth - in that case I think you've done a correct case study. I did China's one child policy.

On the 8 marker I did Kerela...I still don't know if that's right I wrote how they they emancipated women and the use of contraception.
Reply 181
Original post by Anonymous20000
There were about 5 minutes left and I realised that I had written the wrong case study for population, so I crossed it out and asked for more paper, the invigilator said there was no point so she never gave me any paper, so I had to write underneath the extra space part where there were no lines will this be okay???

The invigilator shouldn't have told you this but don't worry it'll be fine. My teacher marks for AQA and the scripts are electronically scanned and sent to examiners for marking. They can zoom out and see the entire page if necessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
Uhh.... During school time or like up to 7pm or something?

First one starts at 9 last one finishes at 4:50
Original post by George2110
I wrote;
1. decline in 2001 was due to 9/11
2.increase near 2010 due to cheaper flights
3.increase in 1990s due to more destinations

damn man, i applied the Butler Model to the graph but didn't give any reasons... ugh
thats that's three marks down the drain :/
Original post by 0lut0
On the 8 marker I did Kerela...I still don't know if that's right I wrote how they they emancipated women and the use of contraception.

Yeah you're definitely right as well, most of my class did that or China!
In the rapid population control question I wrote about both the Indonesia and China policy for the rapid population control question (population ). Will I get any marks as it said use only 1 case study :s-smilie:
GUYS PLEASE LISTEN! Tourism was: Kenya, Jamaica, but not Galapagos or ecotourism because it did say about a tropical area. Development was wide range I think, I did FARM AFRICA but you could also include CAP, Funds etc... For Population: Either Indonesia or China for a fact, Kerala not sure as it was in India and it did ask for a country but the whole of India did not like it? Maybe depends on examiner or exam board? Stop saying about ecotourism as I think it is wrong!
Reply 187
AQA
Original post by TracyEmu
People who did tourism, what did you put for the annotating the graph of tourism change??
It was a very tricky question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I put for the start of the graph that a couple of wealthy people were tourists in the Uk. For the 2002 part where there was a dip in the curve, I put that there was economic recession indicating that a lot of people became poor. And for the end part where the curve went up I put that holiday time increased to 4-6 weeks
Reply 189
Guys, for all those who did Urbanisation, there was a question to read the map and identify which letter was the inner city and which letter was the suburbs.

Was C the inner city and B the suburbs?????????????????????
Reply 190
Original post by johnhall027
found it a decent paper
I did population, changing urban environments and tourism
how did everyone else find it?

What case study did you use for the last 8 marker ?
Original post by XherdanXhaka
GUYS PLEASE LISTEN! Tourism was: Kenya, Jamaica, but not Galapagos or ecotourism because it did say about a tropical area. Development was wide range I think, I did FARM AFRICA but you could also include CAP, Funds etc... For Population: Either Indonesia or China for a fact, Kerala not sure as it was in India and it did ask for a country but the whole of India did not like it? Maybe depends on examiner or exam board? Stop saying about ecotourism as I think it is wrong!

Actually, the Galapagos Islands are in the tropics, so whoever put that as a case study is correct.
Reply 192
Same, I did China, Kibera, and Kenya. What would have got you 8 marks on the Kenya question?
What was the actual question for the 8 marker on population?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EBeddowes
It did say country but I did Kerala anyway and mentioned it was in India

dude just ignore jonam, I'm sure you'll be fine he goes to my school and he stresses himself and others; just concentrate on other stuff. According to the spec Kerala and China are acceptable
Original post by earcher99
I did population, changing urban environments and the development gap. I found it harder than the physical, as did everyone else at my school, especially the changing urban environments section with the stove. Overall not too bad and I'm not worried about how it went but harder than the physical paper for me.

You may have already said this but isn't the stove thingy from development?!
Reply 196
Original post by snapchatter
What was the actual question for the 8 marker on population?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use a named country you have studied to describe how it has controlled rapid population. (8) marks
Reply 197
No, B was the rural urban fringe it was C for the inner city and A for the suburbs you had to look at the road patterns
Original post by XherdanXhaka

Well everyone in my school used Kapawi ecolodge in the TROPICAL rainforest so you can use ecotourism as long as it's associated to rainforests/something tropical. Also it couldn't have been Kenya because you were supposed to talk about that for the 3/4 marker earlier in tourism.
Reply 199
Original post by Ms A
Guys, for all those who did Urbanisation, there was a question to read the map and identify which letter was the inner city and which letter was the suburbs.

Was C the inner city and B the suburbs?????????????????????

C was inner city and A suburbs, B was the rural urban fringe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending