The Student Room Group

GCSE GEOGRAPHY HUMAN 8/6/2016 How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

was the question something like explain the difference within places in a country or something like that?
Reply 241
Original post by MBK14
What did it mean on question 1 when it said "Account for one country's strategy to reduce the rate of rapid population growth" what did it mean by account for? Did it want effectiveness or why it is done or what? I just wrote everything I know about China's OCP

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just wrote what I knew about it's actual policy because I thought account for the strategy kinda meant describe the strategy but im not sure
Reply 242
Original post by niichola.
I put that the population grows rapidly and it is mainly shown as a J-curve graph

oh that's true I said a j-curve graph too
Reply 243
Original post by lo643
what did people put for the first population question about exponential growth??

"the rate of growth of world population is becoming increasingly more rapid, often shown as a j-curve graph"
does anyone remember the 8 mark question for tourism?
What did you put for the uses of the rural urban fringe?I put recreation, would that be right?
Original post by 2016exams
does anyone remember the 8 mark question for tourism?

it was to write about a established tropical area and how it still makes money whilst reducing negatives, i wrote about ecotourism
Original post by Azarhuntttt
For the squatter case study I labelled it as Brazil favelas but put info about sustainable cities Curitiba. Will I get any marks at all for that ?? Also was there a question to label a map in urban environments as I didn't see one but heard people talking about one

Not sure I used Favela Bairro in Brazil although I thought about writing about Curitiba but I crossed it out. Also there was a question with something to do with maps but it was only two marks I think.
I did Indonesia's Transmigration Policy for the population 8 marker. I talked about the problems rapid population was causing on the island of Java, and then the Indonesian Governments solution to the problem. I then went on to evaluate it. Is Indonesia an acceptable case study for this question? I was really worried as loads of people did China!
Original post by alamin123
Not sure I used Favela Bairro in Brazil although I thought about writing about Curitiba but I crossed it out. Also there was a question with something to do with maps but it was only two marks I think.

Thank you. what was the question below the map question on that page. Heard it was 4 marks but not sure if I answered or not. Hope there wasn't anymore on that page
This is AQA

Original post by Speedbird129
What exam board is this?
I did Kenya for the tourism case study which I'm assuming is right as most people did it. My classmate did Antarctica (lol) so I'm assuming he'd get no marks or can he still get SPAG marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FlyingBird
I did Kenya for the tourism case study which I'm assuming is right as most people did it. My classmate did Antarctica (lol) so I'm assuming he'd get no marks or can he still get SPAG marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still get SPAG marks (out of 3)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDEKOKAY
What did you put for the uses of the rural urban fringe?I put recreation, would that be right?

I put farming. You could be right, not sure though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FlyingBird
I put farming. You could be right, not sure though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you have factories. Says it in one of the revision guides with farming to ??
Does anyone else have half of the clas arguing that the tourism case study was Kenya, and the other half suggesting that it was Tattaquara Lodge?
Could you have factories. Says it in one of the revision guides with farming to ??

It's in the CGP book... So I'm guessing yes?
Original post by WillsWheels
Does anyone else have half of the clas arguing that the tourism case study was Kenya, and the other half suggesting that it was Tattaquara Lodge?

We had that.
Except everyone thought the case study they ended up doing was wrong.
It was quite funny.

I think so because you can include urban uses such as factories
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
We had that.
Except everyone thought the case study they ended up doing was wrong.
It was quite funny.

Haha, those kind of questions really bring year groups together!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending