The Student Room Group

GCSE GEOGRAPHY HUMAN 8/6/2016 How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by MBK14
If on population, when it asked "what is meant by exponential population growth" I put:

As the population gets bigger, the rate of its growth increases

Will I get the marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put the rate of growth becomes increasingly more rapid, so yh i put the same as you idk i think it should be right
I did Kerala for population
" Rochina for Urban Environments
" Amazon for toursim

I was wondering whether we are allowed to do Kerala because looking back at it, the question mentioned 'country' as opposed to state. I suppose we should be fine if we mention Kerala is in India...
Original post by k.m.b
is this aqa and are there any unofficial mark schemes yet?

yeah its aqa and there probably wont be an unofficial because everyone does different topics
Did no one do Globalisation?, because pretty much everyone in our school did it
Reply 64
I wrote way more and wrote on the white bits underneath extra space... Will they mark this... Considering I wrote a lot..
Just realised I've already messed up question one on population 😅
Reply 66
Original post by EmmaC_
I wrote way more and wrote on the white bits underneath extra space... Will they mark this... Considering I wrote a lot..

Yes. The scripts are scanned and sent for marking. The examiner can zoom out to see the entire page.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else do the Galápagos Islands for tourism?
Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
I did Kenya but did not talk about any ecotourism.

Yeah but 3 marks is the difference between grades. I messed up in OCR computing today as well. It was a stupid mistake where I added 1's and 0's wrong...

Oh well, no point in fretting over it as there is nothing you can do! Just forget about it and focus on your next exam :smile: (harder said than done I know :/)
Original post by Abdurz123z
Did no one do Globalisation?, because pretty much everyone in our school did it

Yeah I did. I was expecting a Case Study question about Walmart / Nike or about China's manufacturing but instead they gave us those stupid quotes...
Reply 70
I did Kenya but did not talk about any ecotourism.

Yeah but 3 marks is the difference between grades. I messed up in OCR computing today as well. It was a stupid mistake where I added 1's and 0's wrong...

what did you talk about for kenya though?
Original post by dch187
what did you talk about for kenya though?

In basic points:
- 23 national parks
- 15% of Kenya's money comes from tourism
- 15% of that goes to locals, 85% goes to big companies
- Safari vehicles destroy environment
- Masai tribe loses land for national parks
- Masai tribe dance for money
- Culture is shared (tourists see culture of tribes)
- Alternative activities to save the environment are using horses or walking instead of safari vehicles
- Visas cut my 50% to attract tourists
Reply 72
What did it mean on question 1 when it said "Account for one country's strategy to reduce the rate of rapid population growth" what did it mean by account for? Did it want effectiveness or why it is done or what? I just wrote everything I know about China's OCP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MBK14
What did it mean on question 1 when it said "Account for one country's strategy to reduce the rate of rapid population growth" what did it mean by account for? Did it want effectiveness or why it is done or what? I just wrote everything I know about China's OCP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you did it right.
Lol. I labeled things like Rejuvination and Decline as well as Involvement/Development stage. One of us is wrong...

I did the exact same thing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would Kerala for population and Amazon for tourism be okay?
Original post by EBeddowes
Would Kerala for population and Amazon for tourism be okay?

I'm not sure about Amazon because I didn't study it but Kerala is fine.
Reply 77
Original post by MBK14
Yes. The scripts are scanned and sent for marking. The examiner can zoom out to see the entire page.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, that's a relieve! A girl in the exam asked for more paper and I was panicked that I hadn't done the same...
Would this possibly decrease my mark or something? Since I wrote so long and my paragraphs were a bit iffy, so structure was a big issue in my case studies..
Original post by johnhall027
just tourism, spoke about how they encourage horseback safaris, and national parks have an entry fee which goes towards conserving the environment etc

I wrote abut ecotourism in Brazil tatquara lodge is this wrong like?
Original post by johnhall027
for population control i did china
for squatter settlements: the favelas
and in tourism i used blackpool in the coastal resort/national park question and kenya for the last one

wby?

Could you have used the golapagos islands for the last case study

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending