The Student Room Group

OCR Computer Science?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I found it all right, though I feel as though I didn't do as well on the IDE questions (mainly because this had not been covered by my teacher) and the algorithm at the end. Other than that, it wasn't too bad.
Original post by Benb2000
Nope lol. I got 44/45 on both controlled assessments so I'm laughing lmao and the paper was easy except the algorithm

I got 41/45 on both. Even if I got a C I will get an A overall but I need a high A for an A*.

Original post by OllieNatusch
I put stuff about encrypting the usernames and sensitive data about the pupils. For ethics I did stuff about monitoring what is transferred to make sure its not inappropriate and monitoring chats to prevent bullying etc. since its kind of like a forum system.

I didn't think about monitoring chats etc. That's a good idea.

Original post by Argo00
Anyone know the answer to the query criteria question...?

(Year = 2015) AND (Category = "Comedy")
Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
I found the sound question easy. It's literally like two lines. The audio is measured at regular intervals at a chosen bit rate by the user. It is then converted into binary using an Analogue to Digital converter.

Yeah that question annoyed me cause it knew the answer before the exam but when I got in the exam my mind went blank :/
Seems everyone struggled on the Algorithm question. Were you all taught to do Pseudo Code or Flow Chart? Or Neither? I did it as a Flow Chart and it is much easier.
Nope lol. I got 44/45 on both controlled assessments so I'm laughing lmao and the paper was easy except the algorithm

Lol damn man, well done.

I tried so so hard in the controlled assessment (the python one ended up 89 pages) but my teacher kept being optimistic about giving away marks so I got a lower mark :/
Original post by Argo00
Lol damn man, well done.

I tried so so hard in the controlled assessment (the python one ended up 89 pages) but my teacher kept being optimistic about giving away marks so I got a lower mark :/

Thanks mate and what do you mean did you all get marked down because of unfair marking?
Original post by Argo00
Lol damn man, well done.

89 PAGES? DAMN! People in my class are so lazy they had about 8. But they got like D's and C's so...
Seems everyone struggled on the Algorithm question. Were you all taught to do Pseudo Code or Flow Chart? Or Neither? I did it as a Flow Chart and it is much easier.

Pseudocode, but I think a flowchart is fine tho
89 PAGES? DAMN! People in my class are so lazy they had about 8. But they got like D's and C's so...

Mine was like 100 lol, if this guy put 89 pages down I think it's pretty unfair that he didn't get a decent mark because his teacher was giving away marks
Thanks mate and what do you mean did you all get marked down because of unfair marking?

Lol nah I mean like, my teacher was not lenient. I don't know if that is the rules or anything but other coursework teachers were calm about it.

My I.T. just followed the mark scheme stricter than it should've been followed, and it was a mutual feeling amongst the whole class.
Mine was like 100 lol, if this guy put 89 pages down I think it's pretty unfair that he didn't get a decent mark because his teacher was giving away marks

I literally had like 18 pages or something and got an A*.

Same! I found the algorithm OK (put line numbers this time after being penalised for not doing so in my mocks) I think I messed up the audio one a bit though, and small errors in a couple of other places.

I think our high CA marks mean we only need about 60% for A* lol.
If I get a D on the exam. What would I get overall?. I got a B in my controlled assessment

Lool you get what you work for.

I was then told to decrease it to a maximum of 65 pages later. Its so many pages because I did deep analysis and even some/few extra work for the python work in task 1.

Also I made sure the screenshots were big enough for the examiner to see so yeah lol...

btw 8 pages?!?!?! Mannn that is disgusting loooool

Not even D-C level XD
I literally had like 18 pages or something and got an A*.

LOL you make me feel like I've wasted time hahaha
Original post by Adilpatel
If I get a D on the exam. What would I get overall?. I got a B in my controlled assessment

Probably a C. The CA is 30% each x2 = 60%. Exam is 40%.
Original post by zeldor711
Same! I found the algorithm OK (put line numbers this time after being penalised for not doing so in my mocks) I think I messed up the audio one a bit though, and small errors in a couple of other places.

I think our high CA marks mean we only need about 60% for A* lol.

Yeah, a low A would give an A* overall

I did end up getting A in both of my coursework. However it was then calculated that I would need 80/80 in the exam to get A* overall...

And yeah... there were some problems later of me being totally outraged at my teacher - killing myself working towards my coursework just to find that OCR doesn't think getting A is suitable enough for an A*...

so yeah....
Oh yeah I was going to say earlier. Not sure if you all knew but there is three assignments for A452 and A453 (you only do one on each obviously). One of the A452 ones had the answers in a book (even if the students didn't know) and now the exam board are skeptical about accepting their grade. I feel sorry for them.
Reply 39
What did you guys roughly put for the algorithm
I put this:
Input NumberA
If NumberA is in numbers() then
Output "taken"
Else
Numbers(NumberA)="A"
End If
NumbersNot=numbers(A-b-c)
Output numbersnot

This may be totally wrong but i gave it a shot the rest of the paper was decent