The Student Room Group

OCR Computing anyone??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Argo00
Well... how was it XD

Well I've just finished a Software Engineering degree so just for kicks I sometimes like to look at computing past papers from WJEC or OCR or whatever and skip to the last 2 questions and be like...

Spoiler

Reply 21
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Well I've just finished a Software Engineering degree so just for kicks I sometimes like to look at computing past papers from WJEC or OCR or whatever and skip to the last 2 questions and be like...

Spoiler

Loooooooooooooooooool I feel you man XD
I put string and real as real is the generic term in computing used when a number is stored as a decimal, i do not think decimal would get you the marks however as looking at older mark schemes for data validation, they would not even accept float in place of a decimal (which is another term used for Real as for as i could tell)
Original post by JavaScriptMaster

Spoiler

It was really easy in the exam, but maybe that's because I've been learning python in my free time.
Reply 24
Can someone make an unofficial mark scheme for this exam
Reply 25
Can someone help me or send me the coding for task 2 and the design part would mean a lot if someone could help me I'm really stuck.

Some automated troubleshooting programs identify certain keywords in the customer’s query to provide potential solutions to the query.

For example, ‘There is no display on my mobile phone screen.’

The keywords ‘display’ and ‘phone’ would link to common problems with a phone display.

Analyse the requirements for this system and design, develop, test and evaluate a program to identify keywords in a query typed in by the user and provide a linked solution to common problems related to a mobile device from a selection stored in a text file or database. You will need to identify appropriate keywords that can be linked to general advice related problems. You need to account for variations in the form of the user input e.g. one user may query ‘There is no display on my mobile phone’, another user may query ‘My phone screen is blank.’

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending