Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help me sister please! Advice needed

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

My sister has been beating herself up since this incident occurred today.

There's this man she knows in her workplace (she does not know him personally), he is just someone that she sees at work. He says hello, and being the nice person that my sister is, she says it back. She has no attraction towards him whatsoever and he is old enough to be our father, so she respects him as an older person.

She saw him today and he stretched out his arm for a hug, she hugged him sideways, so it was not a frontal touch. She was going to refuse to hug him but she felt it rude to.

He went on to kiss the side of her head, which pissed her off, but she played it down. His brother stretched his hand for a handshake, and she reciprocated, though she did not put her whole hand into the hand shake. The man went on to tell his brother that she was his darling, she found it disgusting and sick, so she replied saying that she only knew him from the workplace.

My sister is quite naive and in her twentys. She told our mum, and mum told her off for it. She thinks the despicable man fancies her.

My sister is beating herself up for it now, after the telling off from mum. She is often busy at work and told me to post this here on her behalf.
    She wants these questions answered:

Was she right in what she did?
    What could she had done?
    What would you had done knowing this happened in a public place?
    What should she do if this same man approaches her again?

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.