The Student Room Group

Help Improve my grades

I would like to know how people improve their grades. Like what revision techniques do you do? As I have my AQA Unit 4 and 5 exams coming up and I want to get at least a C in physics
Original post by Improvement
I would like to know how people improve their grades. Like what revision techniques do you do? As I have my AQA Unit 4 and 5 exams coming up and I want to get at least a C in physics

A good place to start is making sure that you know and understand the course content. Also, past papers are an invaluable resource, as by using the markschemes you get to know what key phrases the examiner is looking for and how your paper will be marked. It can also help my giving you an idea of what a perfect answer would be, allowing you to get those good grades! :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by CatusStarbright
A good place to start is making sure that you know and understand the course content. Also, past papers are an invaluable resource, as by using the markschemes you get to know what key phrases the examiner is looking for and how your paper will be marked. It can also help my giving you an idea of what a perfect answer would be, allowing you to get those good grades! :wink:

Thanks, yeah I have been looking at mark schemes for the last few months and I have noticed that my vocabulary has improved other this time period instead of writing speed I will write velocity for example. I feel that I understand 90% of the course spec but when it comes to exam question I usually get confused then! I should probably do all the past papers I can and have a look at other exam like questions too :smile:
I think a big part of getting a good grade in physics comes down to undertsanding how the examiner wants you to answer a question. Looking at mark schemes helps a lot since all the answers are there! xD. But basically unit 4 and 5 have very similar questions throughout their papers. So knowing the "model" for how to answer the questions really helps obtaining marks.

Quick Reply

Latest