The Student Room Group

Big boo boo(i've failed life)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Big white
hmmm. so i don't need to put down physics since they didn't predict me anything?

Your teachers will give you predicted grades, which they will write in your reference, not you.
The grades you put on your application are your GCSE's and any AS level results.
Reply 41
Original post by jneill
A mock isn't a qualification. So, no.

Your referee puts your predictions on UCAS not you.

Original post by A-LJLB
Your teachers will give you predicted grades, which they will write in your reference, not you.
The grades you put on your application are your GCSE's and any AS level results.

I see then. So it's just my Chemistry, Maths and Philosophy where they'll predict me something and it'll go on my UCAS application?
Reply 42
I see then. So it's just my Chemistry, Maths and Philosophy where they'll predict me something and it'll go on my UCAS application?

? Are you doing Physics A-level? If not why did you do a mock?
Reply 43
Original post by jneill
? Are you doing Physics A-level? If not why did you do a mock?

Oh so i decided to do a year of AS physics and decided at that point it was useless to carry on any further and dropped it.
Reply 44
Oh so i decided to do a year of AS physics and decided at that point it was useless to carry on any further and dropped it.

You did a mock but didn't sit the actual AS? If so it won't be a predicted (or actual) qualification. But the circumstances *might* be mentioned by your referee.
I got a C in my AS module and resat and got full marks. I'm sure mocks don't affect predicted grades though :pierre:
Reply 46
Original post by jneill
You did a mock but didn't sit the actual AS? If so it won't be a predicted (or actual) qualification. But the circumstances *might* be mentioned by your referee.

Yes because for physics in my year you do all the physics exams at the end of your A2 year not your AS year
Reply 47
Yes because for physics in my year you do all the physics exams at the end of your A2 year not your AS year

I know that, but some schools get students to sit the AS anyway.

So, to be clear, my previous comment applies.
Dont get over fixated on 'AAA'.

It isnt the guarantee of a happy life, a fabulous job or instant wealth!
Reply 49
Original post by jneill
I know that, but some schools get students to sit the AS anyway.

So, to be clear, my previous comment applies.

Ok i'ss ask around and see if that does need to go on the application
Reply 50
Original post by Danny the Geezer
I got a C in my AS module and resat and got full marks. I'm sure mocks don't affect predicted grades though :pierre:

They don't no but they're a good reflection of what you could get in the actual exam if you took it seriously and did the same amount of revision for both
Original post by returnmigrant
Dont get over fixated on 'AAA'.

It isnt the guarantee of a happy life, a fabulous job or instant wealth!

I agree it isn't but it's a guarantee on average of a slightly better job than someone who gets an offer of BBB, yes there can be exceptions but what i'm saying is the higher the better

Your mock grade does not go on your Ucas form. Any freestanding AS grades do, but you aren't taking that so you don't put it on your application.
They don't no but they're a good reflection of what you could get in the actual exam if you took it seriously and did the same amount of revision for both

Not neccessarily, you get different papers for each one hence two different outcomes. Law of averages m8 :pierre:
Reply 53

You got a D in your Chem mock. And what in your Physics mock (presumably a D or worse to cause you to drop it)? And what about your other subjects?
Reply 54
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Your mock grade does not go on your Ucas form. Any freestanding AS grades do, but you aren't taking that so you don't put it on your application.

Ah ok
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Not neccessarily, you get different papers for each one hence two different outcomes. Law of averages m8 :pierre:

haha ok :smile:
Original post by jneill
You got a D in your Chem mock. And what in your Physics mock (presumably a D or worse to cause you to drop it)? And what about your other subjects?

Physics was an E >.> *whistles.....
Philosophy i've yet to do, i'm absolutely tanning it now as we speak and making the best most useful document in my life.
Maths i've done but don't know what i got C1 ok mark C2 max i can get is 74/75 M1 did horrendously
Reply 55
Physics was an E >.> *whistles.....
Philosophy i've yet to do, i'm absolutely tanning it now as we speak and making the best most useful document in my life.
Maths i've done but don't know what i got C1 ok mark C2 max i can get is 74/75 M1 did horrendously

Have you looked at Maths with Philosophy courses at university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by jneill
Have you looked at Maths with Philosophy courses at university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just maths, i don't want to study philosophy at uni
I got an E in a physics mock earlier this year, I'm predicted A*.

Don't worry, it's certainly not the end of the world :lol:
So i got a D in the chem mock and that must be part of my predicted grades to send to uni's for offers.
What can i do about it?
If i'm stuck with this how can i get an AAA offer with that -.-?
help any advice?

-.- natural selection is better

Seems like you answered your own question.
Reply 59
Original post by 999tigger
Seems like you answered your own question.

I find cross referencing to be a very valuable tool in research but unfortunately killing myself won't help my family(one parent who it'll affect a lot)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending