The Student Room Group

I want a job

Ive been looking for 2 months for a part time job in the sales and retail sector.
I cant find any at all in Lancashire, I live in Tameside, near Manchester and Ive been looking around, reading in newspapers, and online and cant find a job. I cant beleve its so hard. I do have experience and all.
So I was wondering does anyone know if there is any jobs available in my home city, in the sector I want to work in? I dont mind working in a warehouse, if its just packing goods and stocking shelves.
Please let me know.
Le gra BlueAngel :smile:
Reply 1
Lol you're looking in the wrong county! (sorry to be pedantic:tongue: ) but try looking in Greater Manchester:biggrin:

Have you tried the shops in Ashton or Stockport? They often have cards in the windows advertising a job.

I know there a lot of warehouse type jobs going in the new B&Q in Trafford Park but thats probably to far for you to get to.
Reply 2
Aw, sorry to hear about that, I know job hunting's a b*tch.

Have you gone into any stores? A lot of the vacancies I saw weren't advertised in the paper or online.

The only jobs I've seen for 17 yearolds in my paper recently are the dogy looking agency/telemarketing ones.
amazingtrade
Lol you're looking in the wrong county! (sorry to be pedantic:tongue: ) but try looking in Greater Manchester:biggrin:

Have you tried the shops in Ashton or Stockport? They often have cards in the windows advertising a job.

I know there a lot of warehouse type jobs going in the new B&Q in Trafford Park but thats probably to far for you to get to.

Wrong county???? Im sure I live in Lancashire, anyway yeah Ive looked around in Ashton, Stalybridge and Hyde. Stockport is a bit far for me to travel everyday, and so is trafford. Isnt there a warehouse in Manchester, a catalogue company. I think there is, but I dont know the name, do you know it?
LS.
Aw, sorry to hear about that, I know job hunting's a b*tch.

Have you gone into any stores? A lot of the vacancies I saw weren't advertised in the paper or online.

The only jobs I've seen for 17 yearolds in my paper recently are the dogy looking agency/telemarketing ones.

Im 18, 19 in 2 months, does that mean my wages will be higher?
Reply 5
BlueAngel
Im 18, 19 in 2 months, does that mean my wages will be higher?

Yes, minimum wage is at 18 (I do believe)
Reply 6
BlueAngel
Wrong county???? Im sure I live in Lancashire, anyway yeah Ive looked around in Ashton, Stalybridge and Hyde. Stockport is a bit far for me to travel everyday, and so is trafford. Isnt there a warehouse in Manchester, a catalogue company. I think there is, but I dont know the name, do you know it?

Since 1973 Manchester, Trafford, Stockport, Tameside, Rochdale, Wigan, Bolton, Oldham and Salford are in Greater Manchester, Tameside used to be in Lanchashire.

Anyway back to the topic there used to be Great Universal in Ardwick which was a massive employee but I think thats gone now. Most the jobs in the city centre are either reatial or banking/insurance type jobs.
Reply 7
BlueAngel
Ive been looking for 2 months for a part time job in the sales and retail sector.
I cant find any at all in Lancashire, I live in Tameside, near Manchester and Ive been looking around, reading in newspapers, and online and cant find a job. I cant beleve its so hard. I do have experience and all.
So I was wondering does anyone know if there is any jobs available in my home city, in the sector I want to work in? I dont mind working in a warehouse, if its just packing goods and stocking shelves.
Please let me know.
Le gra BlueAngel :smile:

Where abouts in tameside do you live? I live in Hyde, its really crap, and I'm not having much look on the job front either.
Frances
Where abouts in tameside do you live? I live in Hyde, its really crap, and I'm not having much look on the job front either.

Ashton Under Lyne - crap too.
Reply 9
BlueAngel
Ashton Under Lyne - crap too.

Yeah, all of Tameside is crap pretty much. :frown:
Reply 10
i live in london (nw) and have the same problem as you blueangel. i think the bigger cities are much more difficult to find jobs in than the smaller ones and countryside, as there is much more of a demand and some shopping centres in the london area are so oversubscribed with application forms! i've even joined a jobclub, but still had no luck!
Reply 11
well wot can i say im 16 years of age and have finally been give n some offers i have bin lookin for a job for 6 months and now that i am 6 months into 16 i have been gettin so many offers and have already got an interview from one of the most biggest companies!!!! which i reckon is great !!!! well hope u guys get the same oppurtunitie as me and i know u will soon and take care guys bye xxxx any1 ere form birmingham :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending