Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Missing Tomorrows Exam

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 11-10-2016

Im in urgent need of help, i have my government and politics Unit 2 exam tomorrow and i don't know if i am going to go. Today i had my English Language exam and was sick during the exam around 10 times and then when i got home i was sick a few more times. Not only am i sick but the stomach cramps are unbearable and during the English exam i was shaking and couldn't write. Ive got an exam tomorrow but i haven't been able to revise today and i feel awful. When i am on my period i become severly ill so i could get a doctors note. If i missed the exam would they use my target grade or the grade i got in my last mock. In my last mock i got an awful grade and i don't think its a reflection on my ability as i have been getting A's all year. I want to do Law at uni and need at least a B. Before the mock i found out my Dad had cancer and it was at a severe stage so i was on the verge of tears during the mock.

My life is going on a downwards spiral and i really don't know what to do.

Any help would be much appreciated thank you

I'm in a simular situation as you.
    I found out that my grandma passed away yesterday and that her funeral will be at the time of my exam on Thursday.
    So what i did was, i called the school, and they have organised for me to take it at 8am, and then my mum has to watch (no phone) in isolation till 2;00. This could be an option for you? Also my mocks were terrible i got a D!- and if i missed the exam they said they would use a mixture of predicted and mocks etc...however don't worry...you can re take this exam next year! - You can just explain on your form what happened, it shouldn't affect your future. At my school most of the A2 are retaking unit 2, so don't worry!
    Hope this has helped! xxx

hey, i can relate almost entirely. my cramps often mean i am sent home in an ambulance, i throw up every time i am on, i get dizzy, the shakes, literally everything. my advice, i'm not a doctor or anything and obv check the ingredients but try "Feminax" medicine. you can get it at the pharmacy and honestly its a life saver. paracetamol, mefenamic acid etc dont work for me but this is such a powerful medication

i also have gov and politics tomorrow and i am also hoping to do law at uni (how are we so similar lol?) i would reccommend going to the exam, honestly but call the school and ask if any rearrangments can be made. perhaps you could sit in a separate room with an invigilator where you could throw up all u want but still sit the exam? but if you cant, you can always retake it at A2, dont worry about that!

im wishing you all the best, i know exactly how you feel. i hope it all goes well and things start looking up xx

also im really sorry to hear about your dad. im sure he would want you to stay positive and excel at school as much as possible, so try and focus on your exams and use him as ur motivation. best of luck x

Take the exam at whatever cost.

Claim extenuating circumstances and get the mark bumped.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.