The Student Room Group

I san A/A* for AQA Biology in reach????

I've got my AQA unit 2 and 3 biology exam on Friday.
I'm aiming for an A, possibly an A*.
Have done very minimal revision, although I am planning to bang it out after my Maths exam tomorrow (I'm on study leave btw)

i remember revising the day before my biology mock and getting an A but I also remember not revising for it properly and getting a D.
:/

Could I possibly revise from say.. 12pm-9pm straight (obviously with breaks and doing past papers) and still get that A grade?
Has anyone else done this?

Scared I won't be able to cover all the content in time let alone do past papers and questions.

Help, please.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Same boat as you, aiming for an A tho. Started B2 revision about 20 hours ago. Almost done, have B2.5 and 2.6 left. Haven't even looked at B3 yet. I am revising using the MyGcseScience videos, I'd watch the video, make notes, read the book, make any additional notes, do the questions that the MyGcseScience website posts and then mark it. I plan to finish 2.6 now, revise maths for the next 4-5ish hours. Is it possible? Yes. Will it be difficult? Yes but what other choice do we have.
Reply 2
Original post by OHamdy
Same boat as you, aiming for an A tho. Started B2 revision about 20 hours ago. Almost done, have B2.5 and 2.6 left. Haven't even looked at B3 yet. I am revising using the MyGcseScience videos, I'd watch the video, make notes, read the book, make any additional notes, do the questions that the MyGcseScience website posts and then mark it. I plan to finish 2.6 now, revise maths for the next 4-5ish hours. Is it possible? Yes. Will it be difficult? Yes but what other choice do we have.

You're lucky mate. I've only covered B2.1 + B2.2
Wish me luck
Reply 3
Original post by maybesojust
You're lucky mate. I've only covered B2.1 + B2.2
Wish me luck

Good luck mate. I'd suggest you look at the mygcsevideos they help tonnes but to get an A you'd also need to look back at the book and make any additional notes. Once you've revised a chapter just google 'AQA GCSE Biology Unit 2 or 3 end of topic assessment' do it, mark it, then move onto the next topic. Do this till you finish the unit, do them all again, mark it, 5 past papers, then onto unit 3 and follow the same steps. A*/A in the bag. Unit 3 is a ***** tho. Unit 2 is a breeze just the inheritance topic.
Have done very minimal revision, although I am planning to bang it out after my Maths exam tomorrow (I'm on study leave btw)

i remember revising the day before my biology mock and getting an A but I also remember not revising for it properly and getting a D.

Could I possibly revise from say.. 12pm-9pm straight (obviously with breaks and doing past papers) and still get that A grade?

Scared I won't be able to cover all the content in time let alone do past papers and questions.

Help, please.

I reckon you can do it.

I revised all of B2 and 3 in the half term and will only get to start last minute revision tomorrow, so fingers crossed I actually remember everything :biggrin:

Good luck!

Help, please.

I am planning to do the same thing as you, but I have 3 exams on friday, on top of b2 and b3 and need to revise all of them in one night! :redface:You'll be fine! :smile:
I did this for C1 and revised P1 on the day of the exam and it went really well (but I thought these papers were quite easy?)
Best of luck!:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending