The Student Room Group

UCAS application

Where would I declare in my UCAS application about why I didn't perform so well during GCSEs. Would this be part of my personal statement? Thanks for the help.
Personal statement
Reply 2
See if I got an offer for uni at 65% and came out with 62% would uni still consider me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NoahMal
Where would I declare in my UCAS application about why I didn't perform so well during GCSEs. Would this be part of my personal statement? Thanks for the help.

You shouldn't mention this. Speak to your referee and have them explain it in your reference.
Original post by jmullan07
See if I got an offer for uni at 65% and came out with 62% would uni still consider me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They might- ask them directly. They're the only people who can answer.
Original post by NoahMal

I wouldn't recommend explaining it at all unless you have some sort of genuine (read: Medical) reason.

You didn't do so well, that is that. I advise focusing on the positives and ignoring the negatives. No one wants to read a page of excuses over a page of why you are awesome and I definitely want you in my university.

EDIT: Plus I imagine if your grades are a sufficient barrier to entry they would cause a problem, you'll be rejected before they even get to your personal statement. Why read a one page statement from someone who doesn't meet your minimum requirements?
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
You shouldn't mention this. Speak to your referee and have them explain it in your reference.

Thank you this seems like the best thing to do. Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest