The Student Room Group

Accomodation

Hi, im starting uni in September and ill be moving to student halls. But i recently lost my job and had to use my savings that i was saving for uni and we only het student maintenance which is paid every 3 terms but which having to use my savings. I cant see a way to figure out what ill do inbetween those payments. If i dont go to accommodation then i wont be able to get to uni but if i go to accommodation i wont know how to live. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? I need the advice as im really struggling into what i should do
Reply 1
Original post by KooLou94
Hi, im starting uni in September and ill be moving to student halls. But i recently lost my job and had to use my savings that i was saving for uni and we only het student maintenance which is paid every 3 terms but which having to use my savings. I cant see a way to figure out what ill do inbetween those payments. If i dont go to accommodation then i wont be able to get to uni but if i go to accommodation i wont know how to live. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? I need the advice as im really struggling into what i should do

You receive your maintenance payment at the start of each term. Then you'll have to budget so it lasts until the next payment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
You receive your maintenance payment at the start of each term. Then you'll have to budget so it lasts until the next payment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that but i mean from move in day till the first payment?
Reply 3
Original post by KooLou94
I know that but i mean from move in day till the first payment?

It should come through a few days after you enroll. Do you have a student bank account? With overdraft facility?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'd have to get another job or ask your parents.
Reply 5
If you get a student bank account it should come with a free overdraft. Many students rely on that to fill the gap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending