The Student Room Group

AQA A2 English Language B 14th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mutantman52
Was there globalisation in q4, I swear they spelled baptised with a Z. I talked about it anways

That's why I am unsure about too with regards to gloabalisation
Original post by Gal cool
That's why I am unsure about too with regards to gloabalisation

I ended up saying it might be due to the fact that Johnsons dictionary only came out 20/30 years prior. So standardised spelling hadn't fully taken off yet.
I ended up saying it might be due to the fact that Johnsons dictionary only came out 20/30 years prior. So standardised spelling hadn't fully taken off yet.

Which question did u choose for language change?
Which question did u choose for language change?

Q4, the one about benny cumberbatch
Q4, the one about benny cumberbatch

I didn't mention about s j dictionary for that text but instead for the other one: I talked about technological advances affecting the register of the text as it had abbreviations etc also mention the change in attitude with regards to the youth: Internet, social networking sites as the text had logos of Twitter, Fb etc
I didn't mention about s j dictionary for that text but instead for the other one: I talked about technological advances affecting the register of the text as it had abbreviations etc also mention the change in attitude with regards to the youth: Internet, social networking sites as the text had logos of Twitter, Fb etc

****, I didn't talk about youth as such. But I called the icons hypercharged typographics and said that they basically showed a move towards sharing things
For question 1 was skinner relevant? Was going to mention him but didn't find any imitation.
I used Piaget and Bruner but mentioned LASS as Piagets idea will I still get marks for it?
Original post by hagridhair
Exactly, I feel like most exams are just test your memory and how fast you can write :frown: I've firmed queen mary (AAB) They haven't specified grade or subject, but I'm dreading having english as my lowest grade - it would shatter my confidence hugely, especially because I'm still not 100% convinced I want to go to uni. You?

Manchester AAB, I could still possibly get an A in English if I get an A in all my other units but i feel the same as you my confidence would go down a lot if my lowest grade was in the subject I am best at, especially because I've been getting As all year. It's also annoying because we can't resit papers this year.
Original post by Themodeststudent
For question 1 was skinner relevant? Was going to mention him but didn't find any imitation.

I wrote the parents use negative reinforcement, for example the mum laughs when Leah says something wrong and then doesn't correct her. I also wrote that when the father repeats what the children say could be reinforcement and acts as reinforcement for what tHey are saying. Other than that I couldn't see any positive reinforcement.(I don't even tHonk the points I made were relevant) Oh I aslo talked about imitation of the word brown. She said it wrong then her father corrects her and she imitates the correction.
Omg you're going to the same uni as me and need the exact same grades. It's annoying we can't resit this paper but you sound like you've done great anyway!
I made such a stupid mistake in yesterday's exam. I said 'Shakespeare' and artist/paint (can't rmemebr which) were loan words and linked them to substratum theory. Clearly they are not loan words but I panicked haha. Will I be marked down for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deano321
I made such a stupid mistake in yesterday's exam. I said 'Shakespeare' and artist/paint (can't rmemebr which) were loan words and linked them to substratum theory. Clearly they are not loan words but I panicked haha. Will I be marked down for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so, if it's incorrect you probably won't get a mark but maybe you will still get the marks for mentioning the substratum theory?
Original post by Chuck234
Omg you're going to the same uni as me and need the exact same grades. It's annoying we can't resit this paper but you sound like you've done great anyway!

I've heard some say you can't resit and some say you can. I'm really confused tbh. If there is the possibility to resit I definitely will because I've worked really hard for this exam, but just messed up bc I stressed out :frown:
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
I don't think so, if it's incorrect you probably won't get a mark but maybe you will still get the marks for mentioning the substratum theory?

I hope so :smile: I just panicked and looked for things that weren't there haha! Like you say hopefully ill get a mark or two for mentioning substratum despite it not being linked to any relevant data

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used Piaget and Bruner but mentioned LASS as Piagets idea will I still get marks for it?

Yeah u will as long as you applied it relevantly. I mentioned Bruner but focused on child directed speech.
Piaget- I talked about pre operational stage, abstract concepts
Reply 156

Kinda but I don't think language wise more behavioural wise ... when he said "naughty girl Mia" or something like that after she threw the spoon.
has anyone got any context on the bloody chamber that isn't about the sexual revolution? i feel like it's really hard to link in context for tbc sometimes when all i'm talking about is feminism/sexual freedom

oops i posted in the wrong thread, sorry!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 158
I talked about how Leah/Mia forgot to include copula verbs but think i should have put auxiliary verbs - would I be marked down for this?
Original post by Willd97
I talked about how Leah/Mia forgot to include copula verbs but think i should have put auxiliary verbs - would I be marked down for this?

I forgot what copula verbs are but mentioned modal auxiliary. U might still get a mark for attempting to use the terminology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending