The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Still got to learn my aromatic reactions and coupling reaction. Colour By Design needs a bit of work and must brush up on all the storylines stuff we need to know.

Going to be staying up late tonight and up tomorow to work all day. LAST EXAM!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 2
I started revision this morning, need to go over medicine still and those bloody spider diagrams with countless reactions on them! I've looked at past papers though and they don't seem too bad?
Reply 3
do we need to revise all of AS & A2? or what?
the past papers do actually seem ok though?!
Reply 4
The previous papers are ok, but the one tomorow is bound to be on stuff that we've never heard about before.

Lets hope we dont get a question on electrode potentials, electronegativities tho.
I kno to work out pH you do -log[H+] but how do you work backwards. For example, if you have a pH of 4.8, how do you work out [H+]? This has come up in a past paper that i was doing yesterday.
Reply 6
hey, you just do that 10 to the ... (can't find the symbol for it on my keyboard) to do the reverse of logs... i think! I'm a non-mathematician so don't actually understand how/ why it works but it seems to give the right answer each time!

In response to the person asking if it's AS and A2, i was under the impression it was just the Aspects of Agriculture, WM, Oceans and Colour by Design sections... could be wrong though!

Anyone have a copy of the June 03 markscheme?
asadtamimi
I kno to work out pH you do -log[H+] but how do you work backwards. For example, if you have a pH of 4.8, how do you work out [H+]? This has come up in a past paper that i was doing yesterday.

I see you're a mathematician, so this should be very straight forward for you.

So for a pH of 4.8

-log[H] = 4.8
log [H] = -4.8

what does this mean?

10^-4.8 = [H]

so general formula: [H] = 10^-pH
Reply 8
what are the average grade boundary marks for this paper??
Reply 9
Around 86/120 I think for A.
yea not too worried bout tomorrow, i need about 46/120 ums depending on what my coursework gets in UMS (i know the raw marks).

Thanks for help - yea mathematician thats lost his ability to do maths after C4!!!

Also one more thing. When do you know not to count Water in calculations.

For example, with partial pressures when do you know if something = PH2O and so you dont need to include it? Its in the specimen paper.
im scared:frown:
Reply 12
i need 70% in this paper for an A overall and im gettin like 58% on past papers, they're not questions you can revise though :frown:
WelshMe
i need 70% in this paper for an A overall and im gettin like 58% on past papers, they're not questions you can revise though :frown:

Really? What makes you say that :confused:
Reply 14
I mean like the questions im getting wrong are not answers you can recite straight from the text book, there more about using the chemical knowledge in different scenarios - which I'm no good at!
Reply 15
Good Luck everyone!!!

I'm going to bed now after re-reading the whole of www.4college.co.uk

Hope the exam isn't too evil as I'm relying on it for both uni offers!
so how did evryone find it?

i thought it was relatively easy...a lot of recurring stuff from previous years..obvioulsy theres an unpredictable element to all papers but thats to be expected
i thought it was HORRIBLE!! haha, awful, and my teacher thought it was pretty tough too - the past papers were so much easier... grrr....
Reply 18
I agree, it was NOTHING like the past papers!!! :frown:
mehhh was good.... alot of very accessi8le questions :smile:

Latest