The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

How many marks would I get for accidentally writing y=5p-x^2? question 18, instead of y=5p^2-x
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by densab11
You know for the last question I got 81.1 because I used 3.142 as pie. And I showed my working out and I didn't round up the answers till I got the last one which is 81.1. How many marks would I get?

The front of the exam paper tells you you can use 3.142. So long as you did not round on ANY calculations and it came to 81.1 (need to check) then you should be okay
How many marks would I get for accidentally writing y=5p-x^2? question 18, instead of y=5p^2-x
Original post by Pst123689

It's out of 3 so you would either get 1 or 2 depending on how harsh the examiner is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For question 23. I found the upper bound for both V and U. V=14 and U=8.7. I was supposed to find the lower bound for the U. I got 28.75 as final answer and it should be 29.25. How many marks would I get? Tot marks is 3
For question 23. I found the upper bound for both V and U. V=14 and U=8.7. I was supposed to find the lower bound for the U. I got 28.75 as final answer and it should be 29.25. How many marks would I get? Tot marks is 3

I'd say around 1 mark. Mark yourself harshly so then you'll definitely know the marks you have and if you mark yourself leniently you might find yourself doing a bit worse than you thought!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DrPeter
Apologies for delay.

Finding the angle (using absinC/2) followed by trigonometry, pythagoras, subtraction and trigonometry followed by adding the angles together is a ridiculously, long-winded and brilliantly way of doing it, well done !!!

Thank you, don't worry about the delay! It did take at least 5 minutes for me to answer this question at the end, which was why I was concerned about whether or not I had done it right. It's soothing to know that I didn't just get the correct answer by some random stroke of luck. Thank you again :smile:
i got 142 on both papers i reckon which is maybe 20 marks (max) of an A*
just realised i forgot the key on the stem and leaf question fml. Would i drop only 1 mark for that?
Reply 2249
Original post by uwotfam
just realised i forgot the key on the stem and leaf question fml. Would i drop only 1 mark for that?

yep. 2/3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, for the trial and error question i got the answer wrong and put 3.7.... Im pretty sure i did all of the working out right... How many marks would i gain without the correct answer?
You know for the last question I got 81.1 because I used 3.142 as pie. And I showed my working out and I didn't round up the answers till I got the last one which is 81.1. How many marks would I get?

You should get full marks because it said on the front of the paper
Original post by djandrewful
Hey, for the trial and error question i got the answer wrong and put 3.7.... Im pretty sure i did all of the working out right... How many marks would i gain without the correct answer?

You will probably only lose one mark
Original post by uwotfam

Same. I'm such a retard lol. 1 silly mark gone :frown:
Original post by MovedMasterMike
Same. I'm such a retard lol. 1 silly mark gone :frown:

Made the same mistake on the 2015 mock, ahhh this time i put the key in first before doing anything.

Don't worry about it, everyone's bound to make silly mistakes, its very hard to avoid them. Especially under pressure of exams.
Do you lose a mark for failing to label the y axis .... "frequency density"?
Original post by jacksparrow1111
Do you lose a mark for failing to label the y axis .... "frequency density"?

Yep I would say so it's normally a mark for it, sorry💔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2257
How many marks will i get for this:

I had the working out as 5p^2-x=y
But i put down y=x-5p^2, i know silly mistake!
Original post by Malom
How many marks will i get for this:

I had the working out as 5p^2-x=y
But i put down y=x-5p^2, i know silly mistake!

2 out of 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2259
How many marks will i get for these questions. Its driving me nuts just thinking about it.

Pauls car question

My answer:15000(1-23/100)^1=11500 <==first year
1550(1-18/100)^2 = 7766.22 <=== 2 years added on

1/2 of 15000 = 7500

I then added the 7766.22 and 11500 by mistake.(4 mark question)

Q.colins drive
My answer:

3.50x5 = £17.50
18*5=90
90*2=180
180/45.2=3.982300885 - 2DP = 3.98
1836.9*18.1488 = 2484.57072p

p to £ x100 = £24.85

I for got to add the £17.50 at the end(5Mark question)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending