The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jtb135
Holy moly, i was just saying thats how i did it. no need to typical insults that really hurt my feeling, ouch i guess? omg i lost a couple marks, and you called me the 's' word. I dont know how i can go on knowing that someone as smart and successful as yourself calling me.... stupid. Boo. F***ing. Hoo.

See you later then mate good luck with your C
has someone done the worked answers for the paper yet?
Where's the whole unofficial mark scheme for this ? With the working and total question marks.
Can someone put up a copy of the worked solutions cause it's easier for me to find out what I got like ones where they scan the printer onto the computer.
Original post by EBeddowes
did you need to write frequency density on the axis of the histogram? Because old mark schemes havent mentioned it

i dont think you do!
Original post by James2021
Can someone update the mark scheme to have questions and working out? I cant remember half the stuff i did xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahe6jmuT2DM
Original post by SalopJack
The exact answer is 3.7504. which is closer to 3.8.
we will see who is laughing on results day you morons

Its one question man, and with method marks, people who put 3.7 can still get up to 2 out of 4 marks. Please, the 'm' word really hurts peoples feeling. im crying. ouch. please can you help me get all c's? i lost 2 marks so i must need extreme help....
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Where's the whole unofficial mark scheme for this ? With the working and total question marks.

The first page on this thread
Check my latest thread for extra info and marks.
For the last question, instead of directly putting A into B from the triangle on the formula, I labelled the triangle A B C in a clockwise direction. So then when I put in the values in the formulas, I put B (in the formula) as C (in the triangle) and C(in the formula) as B(in the triangle). Is this the correct thing to do?
Reply 1490
Thanks
Original post by Fez_Shabbir
who done foundation ?

me
Original post by Fez_Shabbir
who done foundation ?

I did foundation today xx
Original post by FinleyBarry
I think the last question will be a range because it depended when you rounded.
I got 80.1

You're always supposed to leave rounding until the end so I'm not sure there will be. Maybe though.
There was a question about cars and petrol. Does anyone e know the answer. I got 29.89 but i think that it is wrong.
Reply 1495
:colondollar: Hoping for an A*
25th August... :007:
Original post by James2021
Can someone update the mark scheme to have questions and working out? I cant remember half the stuff i did xD

Check my thread. Offers extra explanation for some. If you want specific questions comment your requests on the thread.
Original post by Door105
Does anybody know what the grade boundaries were last year? I'm really worried i want an A but not sure if I'll get one. The calc paper let me down.

There were very low, you should compare to June 2014 more. I think our papers were easier than June 2014 (and 2015) so it will be higher than June 2014

June 2015 (lowest grade boundaries ever for A / A*)
A* - 155
A - 125
B - 95
C - 65

June 2014
A* - 164
A - 133
B - 95
C - 57

I think our exam will be like

A* : 165 - 168
A : 135 - 140 (if you got 140 then it's guaranteed 140, the highest I seen for A is 141 or 143 but that's in a november or march resit paper, not june)
B : 95 - 105
C : 60 - 65

But honestly, it might be lower if we are lucky, and I hope it is lower, like 160-165 for A* and 130-135 for A lol.
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be? :smile:
Original post by fcahhoiwm
For the last question, instead of directly putting A into B from the triangle on the formula, I labelled the triangle A B C in a clockwise direction. So then when I put in the values in the formulas, I put B (in the formula) as C (in the triangle) and C(in the formula) as B(in the triangle). Is this the correct thing to do?

They wont mark you down for re-labeling as long as you found the angle for the one they were asking for. Many use this method, i do sometimes when rearranging can be just skipped by the re-labelling

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending