The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
People are saying for trial and improvement the answer was 3.7 However, i got 3.8
can anyone explain the correct answer
If i put x=0.20 or =-2 and what not on the quadratic question do you think i would get the mark?
does anyone know what the grade boundaries could possibly be?
would 97-98 be a B??
Reply 1704
Original post by 34908seikj
Wasn't the last question like 1/2 * 7 * 8 Sin(X) = 18

56Sin(x) = 36

Sin^-1(36/56) = X

x = 40

???

I think I did it wrong then.

You had to do the same thing but using the answer b^2+a^2-2bc Cos(x) then you would get 80.4.

Good luck on the rest tho xD
Reply 1705
Original post by epage
For the trial and improvement one my few ids were saying they got 3.7 but I got 3.8 and I was 100% sure that was right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, it was 3.8
Do you guys think 171(ish) /200 would be an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If i put x=0.20 or = -2. And what not for the quadratic question would i get a mark for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueribbons99
Do you guys think 171(ish) /200 would be an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so
Original post by HollieGreenwood
Assuming you mean 111? cx i'd have thought that would be enough, the grade boundaries should be fine c:

No, 211
I got 133/200 what grade roughly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1711
There is no way of telling if June 2015 was harder than June 2016 until Edexcel collect everyones marks and compare them to the statistics of last year. In terms of June 2015 being considered the worse exam ever, it wasn't. I believe that title goes to Nov 2012. But again that's just opinion. Believe it or not, with the grade boundaries quite low for A* at 155, only 5% of people managed to get this mark or higher. Therefore, if you perform in the top 5% of the cohort you are likely to get an A*. A* could potentially be 190/200 if 5/10% of students get this. You never know until the results are published. Personally, from sitting the exam in June 2015, November 2015 and June 2016 I can say that I personally found the noncalc of Nov 2015 the hardest due to the vast amount of proof questions (about 10 marks overall). And many people were bothered about the June 2015 sweets question, but that had come up before in other areas of mathematics.
Everyone who I know is saying this paper is easy but watch the grade boundaries be soaring high now lol
On that paper I get 99-100 depending on how lenient the examiners are with the last question (hoping for a range of 80.1 - 80.4 (I put 80.1))
I found it hard though, what do you think a C will be ( grade boundaries)
Original post by mkhs161
I think I only dropped 4-5 marks. YEY ME.

Well done
Has anyone got a copy of the paper?
I got 80.1 on the last question
Some people seemed to get 80.3 or 80.4..
Would 74 overall be a C guys😂😭
Original post by __Iftikar
I found this paper to be extremely difficult lol, (well it was easy on some questions) but ngl the ones that you'd find easy, were probably wrong as they try and trick you by overcomplicating it lol

so hopefully I scrape a C because i didnt do any of the last 7-8 questions right for a fact xd

what mark is a C

Quick Reply