The Student Room Group

Biology- Curve of best fit?

So if something gives an obvious curve, do you join them dot to dot? Because on all markschemes it says DONT do it dot to dot. Im really confused to how you are supposed to do it then?

Can anyone help
Original post by dbrownbeast
So if something gives an obvious curve, do you join them dot to dot? Because on all markschemes it says DONT do it dot to dot. Im really confused to how you are supposed to do it then?

Can anyone help

Never join dot to dot, but if they show an obvious curve, just draw a freehand line that goes through all of the dots. It is easy to tell if someone used a ruler to join so it will be obvious that you have drawn a line of best fit.
Original post by CatusStarbright
Never join dot to dot, but if they show an obvious curve, just draw a freehand line that goes through all of the dots. It is easy to tell if someone used a ruler to join so it will be obvious that you have drawn a line of best fit.

oh i see, so dot to dot on the markcheme is meant by straight lines, connect the dots style.

That makes sense, thanks :biggrin:
Original post by dbrownbeast
oh i see, so dot to dot on the markcheme is meant by straight lines, connect the dots style.

That makes sense, thanks :biggrin:

No problem, I'm glad you understand now. Good luck with the exam :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending