Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Temporary break in residence to UK

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I'm in the process of applying for open uni, and also a part-time tuition loan from SF as a UK resident.

    However, I have spent large patches of the last 3 years working in Europe. The work I did was always of a casual nature, i.e. mostly cleaning and not fixed working hours, BUT I'm now dreading that as a 'casual employee,' this will not qualify as temp work, because my contract has me down as a permanent employee.

    Is it even worth going through the hassle of providing 3 years of plane stubs and payslips, if despite the temporary nature of my work, my work contracts themselves do not state that it was temp work anywhere?

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 9, 2016
I want...
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.