The Student Room Group

UCAS Refferees

How many References do I get ? Is there a limit to how many people I can get to give me a reference? Thank you.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by NoahMal
How many References do I get ? Is there a limit to how many people I can get to give me a reference? Thank you.

You get one reference, though in every school I know the person writing it gets input from every subject teacher who has knowledge of you and your likely grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NoahMal

It is as gdunne42 says. It's one reference, usually compiled by several people. If you are at school, the process will be part of a system and you don't need to do the asking.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It is as gdunne42 says. It's one reference, usually compiled by several people. If you are at school, the process will be part of a system and you don't need to do the asking.

@gdunne42

What if i want someone who I had work experience with to also write something?
Original post by NoahMal
@gdunne42

Your 6th form tutor or whoever will be writing it. They will write about why you will be good for the course and uni etc. Your work experience guy will not be able to give that info.
Reply 6
Original post by Vikingninja
Your 6th form tutor or whoever will be writing it. They will write about why you will be good for the course and uni etc. Your work experience guy will not be able to give that info.

Can I choose someone else to write it (Different school teacher) ? I want to get it done by September 20th and I don't think my form tutor will do it...
Original post by NoahMal
Can I choose someone else to write it (Different school teacher) ? I want to get it done by September 20th and I don't think my form tutor will do it...

Just ask your tutor to complete it by the 20th.
Reply 8
Just ask your tutor to complete it by the 20th.

Could I ask some other teachers in my school that aren't actually teachers to include something in my reference, for instance could I get the headteacher to write something if they have seen me work and I have worked with them a few times, or does it purely need to be my subject teachers? Thanks for this!
Original post by NoahMal
Could I ask some other teachers in my school that aren't actually teachers to include something in my reference, for instance could I get the headteacher to write something if they have seen me work and I have worked with them a few times, or does it purely need to be my subject teachers? Thanks for this!

It would be your subject teachers writing in it. You don't need other people to add to it.
Reply 10
It would be your subject teachers writing in it. You don't need other people to add to it.

I may not need to but if I want to would it be possible?
Original post by NoahMal
I may not need to but if I want to would it be possible?

As carnationlilyrose said above, your school will have a process for UCAS applications. They will decide who writes your reference and who contributes to it, you can discuss any thoughts you have about who you would like to be involved with the person who coordinates the UCAS process next term when you start your applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by NoahMal
@gdunne42

You are applying to universities to study there, not to companies looking for a job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending