The Student Room Group

Edexcel June 2016 FP2 UK (and IAL) Solutions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Economaths
'Yes, I used α\alpha myself. No marks dropped.'

If I did this but didn't state alpha = arccos(3/4) even though I worked that out in part a, how many marks would I lose?

Whoops, missed this. You shouldn't lose any marks if it's clear that you know what the limits are, if not, drop 1 mark. (or 2, if the examiner is being strict)
Reply 41
Original post by Zacken
Whoops, missed this. You shouldn't lose any marks if it's clear that you know what the limits are, if not, drop 1 mark. (or 2, if the examiner is being strict)

hey man for the second cordinate of the polar question, i did 2 pie - theta. That is still correct right?
Reply 42
Original post by Khoinet
hey man for the second cordinate of the polar question, i did 2 pie - theta. That is still correct right?

Nopes, because the range was specified as -pi, pi or whatever it was. Drop a mark.
Original post by Zacken
Nopes, because the range was specified as -pi, pi or whatever it was. Drop a mark.

I know this is an fp2 thread but could you help me with fp3 vectors? i just can't seem to understand them. Thank you.
Original post by Zacken

I may have made an error in the series question but the method was correct, how many marks would i lose? like i think i may have made an arithmetic error idk also for the question 4 i got to where we had to integerate it using chain rule.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Major-fury
also what do you think are the predicted grade boundaries for this test for 90ums?

He previously said he thinks it will be 68, maybe 67.
I think 67, maybe 66 (unlikely)

No one can predict these things. Best to focus on your remaining exams.
Good luck
also what do you think are the predicted grade boundaries for this test for 90ums?

Original post by edothero
He previously said he thinks it will be 68, maybe 67.
I think 67, maybe 66 (unlikely)

No one can predict these things. Best to focus on your remaining exams.
Good luck

ah okay thank you but could you help me?

I may have made an error in the series question but the method was correct, how many marks would i lose? like i think i may have made an arithmetic error idk also for the question 4 i got to where we had to integerate it using chain rule.
ah okay thank you but could you help me?

Series as in method of differences or the tanx in powers of x-pi/4 question?
Series as in method of differences or the tanx in powers of x-pi/4 question?

method of differences question, I think I may have made an arithmetic mistake so i got what the n/2(n+2) + n(n+1)/2 - 3n
For 4ai I didn't see that there were things to sub in, would that be 2 marks? How do you think the M and A marks were allocated for 4ai? I lost three elsewhere on stupid mistakes sigh, praying for an A*
(edited 7 years ago)
anyone know what 53 would be?
Reply 52
Original post by exmerelda
For 4ai I didn't see that there were things to sub in, would that be 2 marks? How do you think the M and A marks were allocated for 4ai? I lost three elsewhere on stupid mistakes sigh, praying for an A*

Prob 2 marks, yeah. You should still be on track for a safe A*.
@Zacken , you know your answer for 4 (ii), would we get the same answer if we use integration method (first order)?
Because I tried it now and some how I got the very similar answer, but my coefficient became 1/3. (Everything inside the bracket is the same I believe)

So maybe when you get time could you show me the first order method to get this solution. Thanks. (No rush though, whenever you get time)
Reply 54
Original post by Fbiemad
@Zacken , you know your answer for 4 (ii), would we get the same answer if we use integration method (first order)?
Because I tried it now and some how I got the very similar answer, but my coefficient became 1/3. (Everything inside the bracket is the same I believe)

So maybe when you get time could you show me the first order method to get this solution. Thanks. (No rush though, whenever you get time)

Could you show me your work?
method of differences question, I think I may have made an arithmetic mistake so i got what the n/2(n+2) + n(n+1)/2 - 3n

-2 maybe
I think 73 for full, particularly since the first order diff eqn seemed to have tripped up many people. The rest of it seemed doable, with part Bs having a 'show that' question which confirms your answer to part A. Thoughts?
-2 maybe

ah okay thank you so at most i've lost about 6 marks i think
Original post by Zacken
Could you show me your work?

My bad, it became the same answer. I made a +/- mistake. I wrote 1-(1/4) instead of 1+(1/4).
Original post by AmarPatel98
I think 73 for full, particularly since the first order diff eqn seemed to have tripped up many people. The rest of it seemed doable, with part Bs having a 'show that' question which confirms your answer to part A. Thoughts?

I would say 74 for full. Making mistakes in the polar coordinates question was quite easy, not a lot of people will get 75/75

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending