The Student Room Group

Previous PTG awarded, what do I apply for now?

I have a customer reference number if this is required to help me.

I previously studied a part-time BA course, starting before 2012, and I was awarded three years of a Part-time Grant. However, I never finished this course, and withdrew from the University. I was a student at the University from September 2011 until June 2014.

I have recently applied to start a new BSc with the Open University. I applied to SFE for a Tuition Fee Loan, but today received a letter saying that they couldn't accept my online application, and that I had to apply using a PTG paper form.

Is this right?

I am starting a completely new course, with a completely new institution, so it doesn't make sense to me that I should continue with a previous application for a Part-Time Grant, that was for a course I have since withdrawn from. And the new course I have been accepted on starts this September, so the new application will come under the new fee/loan rules, not the previous fee/grant rules.

It is my understanding that I should be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan, as my previous course was never completed, and even if they take into consideration the three years of grant, I should still be eligible for up to 13yrs of part-time funding from SFE.

Any help/advice on this would be gratefully appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending