Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Previous PTG awarded, what do I apply for now?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I have a customer reference number if this is required to help me.

    I previously studied a part-time BA course, starting before 2012, and I was awarded three years of a Part-time Grant. However, I never finished this course, and withdrew from the University. I was a student at the University from September 2011 until June 2014.

    I have recently applied to start a new BSc with the Open University. I applied to SFE for a Tuition Fee Loan, but today received a letter saying that they couldn't accept my online application, and that I had to apply using a PTG paper form.

    Is this right?

    I am starting a completely new course, with a completely new institution, so it doesn't make sense to me that I should continue with a previous application for a Part-Time Grant, that was for a course I have since withdrawn from. And the new course I have been accepted on starts this September, so the new application will come under the new fee/loan rules, not the previous fee/grant rules.

    It is my understanding that I should be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan, as my previous course was never completed, and even if they take into consideration the three years of grant, I should still be eligible for up to 13yrs of part-time funding from SFE.

    Any help/advice on this would be gratefully appreciated.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 9, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.