The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Put it under other.
Reply 2
yes.... that's what me and other students in the same class did.
Reply 3
I don't think ECDL matters enough to warrent any particular worry or attention. I remember doing it, and after it being informed it was an underhand method of developing the literacy and numeracy skills to GCSE C standard, something that very much annoyed me having got A* in both.

I didn't list it and it really didn't affect the outcome of my applications.

ag
Reply 4
Andregide
I don't think ECDL matters enough to warrent any particular worry or attention. I remember doing it, and after it being informed it was an underhand method of developing the literacy and numeracy skills to GCSE C standard, something that very much annoyed me having got A* in both.

I didn't list it and it really didn't affect the outcome of my applications.

ag

I'm not sure you're right about it being an "underhand method of developing the literacy and numeracy skills to a GCSE C standard", although I do remember having to do a literacy and numeracy test on the first ECDL lesson, but got a high enough score for me to pass it.

The ECDL is very easy though and anyone who's comfortable using computers can pass it easily.

Putting it down on your application might at least help prevent you from having to do it at university, as some universities will make you do it then if you haven't before.
Reply 5
Putting it down on your application might at least help prevent you from having to do it at university, as some universities will make you do it then if you haven't before.

True enough. I'll just have to explain when I get there (better find the certificate though).
Reply 6
It really isn't going to help your application... No point in putting it down really..
Reply 7
lucho22
It really isn't going to help your application... No point in putting it down really..

It won't hurt. I bothered to complete the whole ECDL, rather than the compulsary half-ECDL which you had to do at my college.

Latest

Trending

Trending