The Student Room Group

Does my combination of subjects put me to a disadvantage for Psychology?

I am in sixth form and are taking the subjects: history, psychology and philosophy.

I was wondering if the subject combination is too weird? As in will they hinder my chances of getting picked by universities? I know they prefer another science (biology or chemistry) but psychology is the only science that I have.

Which universities are accepting of these subjects? (I really want to get into Manchester, Manchester metropolitan, Newcastle, Leeds, Leeds Beckett)
Check out the universities, they will all list their essential/desirable criteria. You'll be excluded from some, at the bottom of the pile for others and perfectly fine for the rest.

As long as you hit the criteria and have the UCAS points, you'll generally be no better or worse off than any other candidate.
Not really. One science is normally required for top Unis, while two are sometimes preferred. Newcastle prefer two but will still accept one, you'll likely just get the higher offer :smile:
Original post by A-LJLB
Not really. One science is normally required for top Unis, while two are sometimes preferred. Newcastle prefer two but will still accept one, you'll likely just get the higher offer :smile:

I'm pretty sure most top unis want 2...
Original post by Noodlzzz
I'm pretty sure most top unis want 2...

No they don't, I myself applied for psychology

Some have a preference for two but will just give the higher offer if only one is being taken

Quick Reply

Latest