The Student Room Group

If you could go back in time and redo one exam, which one would you pick?

We all have an exam that we wish we could do all over again because it went horribly or you made a silly mistake, so, if you had the chance to redo one (without knowing the questions of course :colone:) which would you go for?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I WISH I COULD GO BACK IN TIME AND REVISE PROPERLY FOR MY GCSE BIOLOGY EXAMS TOMORROW

CRAMMING IS KILLING MEEEE I DON'T WANT TO DO ITTT

Spoiler

Original post by isabere
I WISH I COULD GO BACK IN TIME AND REVISE PROPERLY FOR MY GCSE BIOLOGY EXAMS TOMORROW

Spoiler

Just keep revising for it.
Although, I had a friend who got like D/E grade work for Chem + Biology, and got almost Physics FULL Marks, got an A overall.

Although, in your situation, idk
Today's Maths Higher Edexcel GCSE

Throughout the whole exam, my calculator was on radians instead of degrees and I spent my whole exam wondering how the hell tan^-1 (5.6/...) came to 0.153462462 or something instead of 43 degrees.

It was a really easy paper as well, and I almost wanted to cry coming out and thinking that I could have easily got 95/100 at least without that stupid mistake.
lmao GCSE media for WJEC...I forgot to put the title on my movie poster and the damn thing is worth 10 marks
Definitely physical geography. I know I've done horrendously bad on it due to a pure lack of preparation. Apparently you can't learnt 2 years worth of content + 10 case studies in one night :s-smilie:
Original post by TeenPolyglot
Today's Maths Higher Edexcel GCSE

Throughout the whole exam, my calculator was on radians instead of degrees and I spent my whole exam wondering how the hell tan^-1 (5.6/...) came to 0.153462462 or something instead of 43 degrees.

It was a really easy paper as well, and I almost wanted to cry coming out and thinking that I could have easily got 95/100 at least without that stupid mistake.

Did your teacher not make you all reset your calculators before you went in? Ours did. Also how did you not realise?
Reply 7
Original post by isabere

Spoiler

thats what im doing. i cant learn the whole thing tonight, im aiming for the LOWEST a D and try bump that up with chem physics and my isa
Reply 8
Differential equations, probs gonna get like 50% in that if I'm lucky, will take a nice 5+% bite out of my year marks

I always see these threads are GCSE too late
Reply 9
FSMQ

this year just

just

just
Original post by NiamhM1801
Did your teacher not make you all reset your calculators before you went in? Ours did. Also how did you not realise?

I did reset it, but as I had it in my hand in the pencil case, I was hitting the keys or something; and I did realise at the end. I just thought I was doing something wrong.

To be fair though, I did have to walk to school at 5:30 this morning so I was kinda tired...
Can I go back in time and place a bet instead?

I'd bet on Leicester to win the league :biggrin:
Original post by TeenPolyglot
I did reset it, but as I had it in my hand in the pencil case, I was hitting the keys or something; and I did realise at the end. I just thought I was doing something wrong.

To be fair though, I did have to walk to school at 5:30 this morning so I was kinda tired...

Do you think grade boundaries will be 170 for an A* or even higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by comp221
thats what im doing. i cant learn the whole thing tonight, im aiming for the LOWEST a D and try bump that up with chem physics and my isa

Original post by CyberJake
Just keep revising for it.
Although, I had a friend who got like D/E grade work for Chem + Biology, and got almost Physics FULL Marks, got an A overall.

Although, in your situation, idk

I did the same thing for ALL of the science exams in core last year in year 10 so why oh why i'm failing to prepare again is beyond me (managed get a B for each one science though) so if i'm lucky, for Biology unit 2 and 3 I could probably get a B maybe an A depending on how easy the exam is and how effective my cramming is..

I'm so scared, I've never been the best with biology. Chemistry and Physics are my strongest (can try for high A*'s lmao), I'm not panicking or anything, it's just when my friends start walking out the bio exam tomorrow saying answers and stuff i know I'm gonna screwed.
Original post by Changing Skies
We all have an exam that we wish we could do all over again because it went horribly or you made a silly mistake, so, if you had the chance to redo one (without knowing the questions of course :colone:) which would you go for?

Most certainly my M1 exam, i did horrible in it and i probably got around 65/75 or less which is horrible, so i can say Goodbye and gg to my chances of getting an A* next year
Original post by isabere
I did the same thing for ALL of the science exams in core last year in year 10 so why oh why i'm failing to prepare again is beyond me (managed get a B for each one science though) so if i'm lucky, for Biology unit 2 and 3 I could probably get a B maybe an A depending on how easy the exam is and how effective my cramming is..

I'm so scared, I've never been the best with biology. Chemistry and Physics are my strongest (can try for high A*'s lmao), I'm not panicking or anything, it's just when my friends start walking out the bio exam tomorrow saying answers and stuff i know I'm gonna screwed.

Hahaha, I know the feeling.

A* in Physics, A in Chem and like B in Biology :P
The maths edexcel non calculator paper, could've easily picked up the extra 15-20 marks i dropped
Original post by isabere

Spoiler

Edexcel??

thats what i was planning on doing cuz im rubbish at biology if i focus more on chem and physics i might be able to get a B or A
My Tech and Computing GCSE exams!!
Im breaking the rules but they were two of my most important and i failed both!
Reply 19
Original post by Adoomy_sm
Edexcel??

thats what i was planning on doing cuz im rubbish at biology if i focus more on chem and physics i might be able to get a B or A

I'm doing AQA

Lmao, think i'm gonna go revise now (I feel like i'm gonna be up till 4am)

Quick Reply

Latest