The Student Room Group

Depressed and filled with regret

I started a levels last year and for my as-levels I didn't do well because I thought it would be like GCES and ended up getting DEE for maths chemistry and geography, so I thought it would be best if I left my school and self taught myself as I was very confident. I didn't apply to uni as I wanted to take a gap year and save money for University and thought I would be super chilled. However I was working and I revised topics really slowly and when I would learn a topic I would not go over it and my exams got closer and now I'm seriously over stressing because at this rate I think I would only get CCD or worse for my over all a levels and I start thinking I won't get into the university I want, I sit down and literally cry by myself with regret. I don't know what to do, I have exams left and I'm just stressing, I have lost my appetite, I get angry really quickly and feel really depressed.
(edited 7 years ago)
You can always do a foundation or access 1 year course for your chose field of further study. Or take a level 3 course at your local college which will most likely get you into uni afterwards without the need for your Alevel results.
Don't feel disheartened, last year for my AS I got CEU (the C being in photography that doesn't require an exam) And this year I am most likely to get C overall in photography, but i'll fail biology with U grade and probably E/D for RS.
Maths and Chemistry are very hard subjects so you are quite lucky to get grades all round last year and CCD isn't a bad score overall.

Quick Reply

Latest