The Student Room Group

2016 june calculator maths gcse 9 june

How do you guys think the grade boundaries will be this year?
Original post by Tkkkkk16
How do you guys think the grade boundaries will be this year?

Last year, an A* was 155 over the two papers (edexcel) and 125 for ,and 95 for a B, and so on. I reckon they may lower it slightly because quite a lot of people found the non-calculator fairly difficult. I don't think it will be by too much though. I'm personally hoping it will lower slightly because then I will be able to a higher grade easier xD

Here is last years boundaries for edexcel, maths is on page 21 : https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/1506-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by OllieNatusch
Last year, an A* was 155 over the two papers (edexcel) and 125 for ,and 95 for a B, and so on. I reckon they may lower it slightly because quite a lot of people found the non-calculator fairly difficult. I don't think it will be by too much though. I'm personally hoping it will lower slightly because then I will be able to a higher grade easier xD

Here is last years boundaries for edexcel, maths is on page 21 : https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/1506-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries.pdf

Hopefully. I personally think the first paper was way easier though
Hopefully. I personally think the first paper was way easier though

I always find the non-calculator maths hardest since mental maths is not my strongest area. I find calculator easier because I know that I can do it, it's just a factor of remembering it all!
The grade boundaries will probably be a lot higher than last years, perhaps 85 for an A*?
Reply 5
I always find the non-calculator maths hardest since mental maths is not my strongest area. I find calculator easier because I know that I can do it, it's just a factor of remembering it all!

What are you expecting to get?

I actually think they will be higher. Last years maths exams were quite difficult, maybe some of THE most difficult papers; in comparison, ours were quite kind. I would estimate at least 10-15 marks up on each boundary.
Reply 7
Original post by Bernie2016
The grade boundaries will probably be a lot higher than last years, perhaps 85 for an A*?
what about an a?
Reply 8
Original post by Frodokins
I actually think they will be higher. Last years maths exams were quite difficult, maybe some of THE most difficult papers; in comparison, ours were quite kind. I would estimate at least 10-15 marks up on each boundary.
whats the highest mark boundaries can increase by?
what about an a?

70-72 marks maybe?
whats the highest mark boundaries can increase by?

They are adjusted to make sure that a certain group of people get the right grade. For example if many people find the paper easy then they will drop grade boundaries to make sure that too many people dont get top grades, its the same for lower grades. So effectively they can change it as much as they like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending