The Student Room Group

Ideas for a book.

Non-ficiton preferably. Possibly fiction.

Anyone?
Like, ideas for you or other people's ideas?

Because, if you're asking for yourself it kind of defeats the creative writing process, you need to have your own ideas, not rely on other people's. Inspiration from other things/people is fine, but if you can't come up with ideas for a fictional book yourself then I wouldn't bother writing one..
In terms of non-fiction, it really depends. Is there anything that you could write about that doesn't already have loads of representation in the book world? If you're looking for ideas, maybe try buying one of those books that give you a spark to begin with, you can get them in the skill sections of most bookstores. Alternatively, just try writing and see whatcomes out. I've read that the best way to get inspired is to just start and keep going. Once you start producing stuff you'll have more ideas and your writing process will improve!

Good luck
you need to write a book set in France. it must feature a female protagonist with blonde hair and a tattoo of a lizard on her forehead.
Original post by similarBlank

Anyone?

Non-fiction- A book about a user called Superhuman98 who is on a quest to get 12 gems rep. It is non fiction because it will happen
Reply 4

Anyone?

Write about a place or a cause you're passionate about, write about your life, either way with non fiction it has to come from you, whether that's knowledge you have or can gain, or past experiences, or merely your view on things. What interests you enough that you could write a book about it, or have the mental stamina to research it then write a whole book about it? Or what interesting things have happened to you?

Anyone?

best is to stick to a guide on something you like or know a lot about so i have written and listed a couple of business guides on amazon and they to date have earnt me the grand sum of £204 in the past 18 months
All the light we cannot see

Quick Reply

Latest