Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Maidstone accommodation (MidKent College)

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I messed up my A-Levels back in Sixth Form a few years ago, so I never went to Uni, and have only done bits of temp office work since then.

Anyway, I've decided to do a Foundation course in IT. It's 2 years at MidKent College's Maidstone campus, and potentially leads to a full degree top-up year at the University of Kent. It starts in September, and I'm moving from Derbyshire.

I accepted the place in March, but since then I've had some trouble securing accommodation. I notice that Gillingham has lots of student accommodation because Kent Uni's Medway campus is there. Unfortunately, Maidstone doesn't have the same plethora of options.

I want to live as close to the college as possible. I wasn't planning on running a car until I got a part-time job, if at all.

I've looked at Rightmove and Spareroom.co.uk. Rightmove doesn't have many options, and most places listed right now are looking for tenants who want to move in immediately. There's been a couple of student houses listed on the Spareroom site, but I can't find any student flatmates through that site. The other option is moving into a house share with professionals or families, but I don't like the idea of that.

The MidKent College website doesn't offer much help, and the accommodation link they gave me on my acceptance letter doesn't even work.

What do you think my best option is? Do you think I'll have any success looking for roommates on this forum? Do you think I should wait a bit then look at Rightmove again? Or do you think I should accept that I'll have to live further away, ie in Gillingham where there's a lot more options?

TLDR: What are the best accommodation options for a MidKent College student at the Maidstone campus who's moving from Derbyshire?

Thanks to anyone who's read all of that and to anyone who can offer any advice.

Pm me mate i can offer some help
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.