The Student Room Group

Big problem! Huge dilemma and I don't know what to do.

I have an internship in a bank and it's a really good opportunity. But I started working this last month so I'd have some money coming in to pay my bills and buy office clothes etc. I don't get loan so I really didn't have an option. I currently work in a bureau and asked my manager if I could change my hours to work over the weekend as I'll be working full time and he said no! I start in a week and I have no clue what I'm going to do. I thought I should quit but I wanted to finish my contract. It's a temporary job ending in early July btw. Thanks.
Reply 1
bump bump bump
My advice is quit and do the internship :smile:
Reply 3
Unless you literally can't afford to eat without the job, I'd quit and do the internship. You've only got like 4 weeks left of the job anyway so you aren't losing a long term job, and the internship I assume will set you up much better for the future.

Plus think of the satisfaction of telling that manager where he can go stick his lousy temp job :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by M1011
Unless you literally can't afford to eat without the job, I'd quit and do the internship. You've only got like 4 weeks left of the job anyway so you aren't losing a long term job, and the internship I assume will set you up much better for the future.

Plus think of the satisfaction of telling that manager where he can go stick his lousy temp job :smile:

Thank you I think that's what I need to do!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending