The Student Room Group

What happens if you get U's in AS Levels???

Hey guys,

I'm really worried that I may end up getting U's overall in my AS Levels in Biology and Chemistry, simply because the exams were quite difficult (WJEC). What happens if I do? And will Uni's not consider me when I apply????
Reply 1
You repeat the year and most unis wouldn't even take the retakes into account.
Original post by ovo_zverit
Hey guys,

I'm really worried that I may end up getting U's overall in my AS Levels in Biology and Chemistry, simply because the exams were quite difficult (WJEC). What happens if I do? And will Uni's not consider me when I apply????

I got E's overall in biology,chemistry,physics (i had an A in business though) and still miraculously got 1 offer, so its not game over for sure. Unis may still consider you and even if not, you can work hard in A2 year to get better grades and then you can go through clearing or take a gap year.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
I got E's overall in biology,chemistry,physics (i had an A in business though) and still miraculously got 1 offer, so its not game over for sure. Unis may still consider you and even if not, you can work hard in A2 year to get better grades and then you can go through clearing or take a gap year.

Thank you, really reassures me (;
You get sent to prison
Retake the year is probably your best option.
Reply 6
You have two options

1) Cry
2) Cry again

Secret Option

Spoiler

Or if you somehow manage to get into A2 you can give AS exams in jan and A2 in june(I think 1 U is acceptable in some schools).It's pretty common.
Hey guys,

you shouldt be doing a levels if your getting u's
Reply 9

Thank you, really reassures me (;

if it helps, i never did A levels, access courses or anything like that
i left school with the GCSE's :

F

U

D

G

E

i swear to god this is what i left with.
the years after school i did numerous courses to get myself to a level 2 in a few things and the university accepted this
i now have a level 4 in business studies and doing my BA hons
I got 2 Us and a E and a D after AS and no school accepted me for A2 or even AS with the subjects I do.They told me to change subjects...No i am sitting exams privately and getting High B's.Teachers told me u couldn't do it and never gave me another chance.Now look at me , next year going to study engineering in a top 10 university and having a better career than them.For whatever reason u don't do good,keep pushing yourself next year and aim to make yourself better.All in all its worth using the extra year or 2 to do good in your alevels compared to just giving up.This is from someone who has gone through the pain.
Original post by shawtyb
if it helps, i never did A levels, access courses or anything like that
i left school with the GCSE's :

F

U

D

G

E

i swear to god this is what i left with.
the years after school i did numerous courses to get myself to a level 2 in a few things and the university accepted this
i now have a level 4 in business studies and doing my BA hons

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::evilbanana::evilbanana::evilbanana::evilbanana::evilbanana::evilbanana::evilbanana::evilbanana::evilbanana::evilbanana::evilbanana::grouphugs::grouphugs::grouphugs::h::h::h::hellloo::hellloo::hellloo::haughty::haughty::haughty::headbang::headbang::headbang::oink::oink::oink::oink::oink::oink::oink::oink::oink::oink::oink::oink:
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
Hey guys,

well yeh but you might have to explain why you flopped so bad before - depends what you're applying for, but I know someone who had an interview for an education course and was grilled cause of an E grade at AS... just retake the exams and apply with better grades - you won't be the only person doing this and unis will understand this...
Reply 13
If you did badly it bwasn't ecause the exams were hard, it was because you didn't work hard enough.
Original post by theBranicAc
you shouldt be doing a levels if your getting u's

Says who?

Maybe OP didnt prepare well enough and has learnt from his/her mistakes
mate you are ok, just believe in your self. YOU CAN DO IT. my son

If you don't mind me asking, what course was it and what Uni?
Original post by GoogleMe123
If you don't mind me asking, what course was it and what Uni?

It was adult nursing at uclan.
how did you them privately?

Quick Reply

Latest