The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology IGCSE 2B Unofficial Mark Scheme 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi the grade boundaries for biology are 128 for an A* and 114 for an A.
I think the question asked what process uses glucose to release energy. So respiration
Original post by scarlotta1134
I put photosynthesis as thats the process written in the passage.

Im pretty sure the question was what process releases energy from glucose. So respiration
Original post by Martins1
No, I did that too. Primary consumer is wrong, but both secondary and tertiary consumer could be accepted, although I cannot think of a tertiary consumer which a Venus flytrap would eat. Personally i think that if they accept just consumer that is too lenient, but hopefully they will for all those who put that down!

Haha yeah.. I'm not too sure about tertiary either
Just hope for the best..
Anyway how was the paper for you on an overall basis?
Original post by conradliebers
No problem.

Thank you!
How was the paper according to you?
Original post by umang-23
Thank you!
How was the paper according to you?

Well I *think* I got full marks based on my mark scheme, the only thing slightly concerning me being the consumer part of question 1. It was a pretty good paper, but still missing a lot of what the course covered.
Reply 166
Well I *think* I got full marks based on my mark scheme, the only thing slightly concerning me being the consumer part of question 1. It was a pretty good paper, but still missing a lot of what the course covered.

why ask a question about hearts or kidneys when you could ask a question about placentas?
Original post by rcmack
why ask a question about hearts or kidneys when you could ask a question about placentas?

Exactly, and I think they actually asked it in the first paper as well. Great.
Exactly, and I think they actually asked it in the first paper as well. Great.

In the first paper they didn't ask about placentas, but they asked pretty much everything else about human reproduction.
There was so much stuff about reproduction in paper 1 and about the eye, and yet they both came up again in paper 2! Don't worry about kidneys/heart/lungs/digestive system/plant reproduction at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending