Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Politics related work experience

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently in year 12 and I'm looking for some sort of politics related work experience, as this is the subject area I intend to study at university.

    Researching online, I couldn't find many ideas directly related to this.

    I was also thinking about a media type of work experience, as this would allow me to explore current affairs. However, many of these opportunities are for over 18s (sadly)

    Any ideas?

    p.s. - I've already emailed my local MP requesting a work experience placement and am yet to hear a response.

    If you're not already, you could become a party member and go to the local meetings and help with canvassing, particularly for the referendum. Many local party branches will appreciate help with this and working on their street stalls.
    • Thread Starter

    Thank you
    I have already considered doing so & will get to it straight away

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.