The Student Room Group
Reply 1
absolutely no idea lol. I think just read one or two of your essays frm each module and hope it goes alright. Also very briefly read up on the topics you did for GCSE so that you can stick those in if you get stuck on everything else.
Reply 2
Is anyone doing AEA History here?
Reply 3
I'm doing it tomorrow, ive not done any revision whatsoever. Its straight after my 3 hour chemisty exam so i really dont care what happens in it.

I think as long as you know a few topics from A level and gcse you can slot them in, a lot of it is sort of theoretical stuff and analysing sources though, i think, so revision isn't really that important
Reply 4
Nos
I'm doing it tomorrow, ive not done any revision whatsoever. Its straight after my 3 hour chemisty exam so i really dont care what happens in it.

I think as long as you know a few topics from A level and gcse you can slot them in, a lot of it is sort of theoretical stuff and analysing sources though, i think, so revision isn't really that important

Best of luck! :biggrin:
Reply 5
I'm the same, doing it tomorrow but i've got a chemistry exam in the morning so i havent done any preperation. im the only person in my school doing it so i guess it doenst really matter how well i do
Reply 6
I'm doing it :frown:
I may not have a Chemistry exam before, but I have a Further Maths exam Tuesday.. So yeah, no revision.

Anyone got a mark scheme to see what they're looking for?
Reply 7
Don't write too much... apparently you need to spend a ridiculous amount of time just thinking rather than writing. They don't want to see pages of incoherant waffle!
Reply 8
*River
Don't write too much... apparently you need to spend a ridiculous amount of time just thinking rather than writing. They don't want to see pages of incoherant waffle!

Yeah I'm planning half an hour thinking time, then right good stuff for an hour then go :redface:
Reply 9
yeah, i'm taking it tomorrow too. then after that i have 2 and a quarter hours of english lit.

yay.
Reply 10
I've done zero preperation for it. I don't even want to take the exam, it's 3 long, precious hours of my life I should be using it to revise for my Politics synoptic paper. In fact, the only reason I'm even attending it because I like my History teacher, and it would be an insult to him if I didn't - especially since so many people dropped out of it.
Reply 11
You don't - just make sure you know your A2 syllabus.
Reply 12
I'm doing it too, unfortunately! Done nothing except for a bit this morning about key terms and making sure I know my stuff from A2.
Our teacher's given us quite a few mark schemes and from what I can tell, on the questions where we have to use our own historical knowledge, it's much better to use a conceptual approach rather than just focus on one event and then answer the question around that. (Hope that makes some sort of sense!)
Good luck all :smile:
Reply 13
I've done nothing, I was preparing for my Chemistry this morning and I had four exams to contend with last week too. I really don't want to do it, but we'll see what happens. Good luck everybody!
I'm told this is an edexcel exma, so to be sure, it's being clsoed for now - please see the announcement :smile:

Latest