The Student Room Group

How many raw marks in total do you need for a B in core and additional science?

I got an A in my core ISA and A* in my additional ISA and after each of my exams I've gone through the paper and predicted how many marks I got so just need to know how many marks in total from b1, c1, p1 I need for a B and from b2, p2, c2 for a B
I think you're looking around 75%? I think its 80% for an A and 90% for an A*
Original post by star80
I think you're looking around 75%? I think its 80% for an A and 90% for an A*

Is that on higher tier or foundation?
Original post by Charl moreton
Is that on higher tier or foundation?

Higher
Original post by star80
Higher

Looks like I've failed then! Thanks though
Looks like I've failed then! Thanks though

What do you mean? On foundation you can't get higher than a C I believe.
Original post by star80
What do you mean? On foundation you can't get higher than a C I believe.

Yeah I know I've failed the higher tier. Between all of the unit 1 exams I've predicted that my total mark will be 80:180, that's only about 44% haha
Yeah I know I've failed the higher tier. Between all of the unit 1 exams I've predicted that my total mark will be 80:180, that's only about 44% haha

Aw man, sorry to hear that. You will probably end up with a C, if you think your capable try the higher paper again?
Original post by star80
Aw man, sorry to hear that. You will probably end up with a C, if you think your capable try the higher paper again?

I can't do resits at my school for science but oh well, it's done now I guess :frown:
I can't do resits at my school for science but oh well, it's done now I guess :frown:

It doesn't really matter unless you want to do science in the future. If you do, make sure you get C's and make sure you do an A-level in science or a BTEC. Don't worry about it:smile:
Original post by star80
It doesn't really matter unless you want to do science in the future. If you do, make sure you get C's and make sure you do an A-level in science or a BTEC. Don't worry about it:smile:

Nah I don't want to do science in the future however it doesn't fill me with much confidence if I can't even pass GCSEs let alone trying to do A-levels ! 😬
Nah I don't want to do science in the future however it doesn't fill me with much confidence if I can't even pass GCSEs let alone trying to do A-levels ! 😬

Hehe yeah A-levels are very hard even for top students! Id recommend a BTEC or Apprenticeship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending