The Student Room Group

AQA L2 Further Mathematics

So reluctantly, I am sitting this qualification in two weeks time. Anyone got any tips or is in the same boat as me? (I am completely going to fail lol)
Yep - I'm in the same boat! Hoping I can get a C at least.
Baring in mind I only answered about 4 questions in my mock and just put "2" for the rest of the answers in a bid that maybe one of them is right and I got a C, I don't think/I hope it's not that hard!
Reply 2
Original post by Finlaycollins
Yep - I'm in the same boat! Hoping I can get a C at least.
Baring in mind I only answered about 4 questions in my mock and just put "2" for the rest of the answers in a bid that maybe one of them is right and I got a C, I don't think/I hope it's not that hard!

Yes, I'd be happy with a C too. We can just pray for low grade boundaries haha.
It's only 33/175 for a c
Surely you should be aiming higher
Reply 4
Original post by chelseafc141
It's only 33/175 for a c
Surely you should be aiming higher

Well obviously I would like an A however I wouldn't be disappointed with a C, its hard stuff!
grade boundaries are vvv low. do you go to an 11-16 school or an 11-18? I know many 11-16 schools don't teach all the content and just leave it to being good at normal maths
Reply 6
I'm doing it too! I got an A* on my mock (wtf I know I don't know how) but I'm struggling with some of the "easier" stuff now which is not a good sign...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by jazz_xox_
grade boundaries are vvv low. do you go to an 11-16 school or an 11-18? I know many 11-16 schools don't teach all the content and just leave it to being good at normal maths

Well my school is 11-18 but they have run the course so that the majority of work has to be done individually.
Original post by eviemason
So reluctantly, I am sitting this qualification in two weeks time. Anyone got any tips or is in the same boat as me? (I am completely going to fail lol)

how hard is a level further maths compared to normal maths?
Reply 9
Original post by theBranicAc
how hard is a level further maths compared to normal maths?

Its like the last couple of questions on the normal maths paper and about 10 completely new topics which are essentially the basis for A level.
I'm doing this, really really like this specification actually :biggrin:
Goal would be an A^, but I think an A* is more realistic and I'll still be really happy with it. I've had A^s in most mocks and practise papers we've done, so hopefully it'll be good :smile:
Good luck with it everyone! :h:
I'm hoping between an A and an A*, I know I can defo get an A, A*, Not quite sure yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending