The Student Room Group

Living with grandparents

I live with my mum and my stepdad is moving in putting our household income up. This will reduce the amount I will get yet because of past issues which I don't feel comfortable to disclose my mum won't/can't help me at all. My stepdad well obviously I wouldn't expect him to help and I have limited contact with my dad. I'm looking into moving in with my grandparents (several reasons) but my question is would I be assessed on my grandparents income (pensions and a part time job) or my mums? I'm a student nurse so working full time is not possible, I've already tried it and I ended up coming down unwell and in hospital. Thanks for your help
It would go on that of your mums and your stepdad. That's even if you move in with your grandparents. Unless you've been self supporting for the last three years or are estranged.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
It would go on that of your mums and your stepdad. That's even if you move in with your grandparents. Unless you've been self supporting for the last three years or are estranged.

Nightmare, fall short of independence by 6 months! Looks like I'll be leaving the course. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending