The Student Room Group

WJEC G4

Does anyone have any idea how to answer the 10 mark questions? I know I have to use lots of information from the resource booklet but I'm not sure how to structure my answer or how long it should be, help please!!
Original post by CaitB1998
Does anyone have any idea how to answer the 10 mark questions? I know I have to use lots of information from the resource booklet but I'm not sure how to structure my answer or how long it should be, help please!!

When I did A Level Geography (WJEC), our teacher said that the 10 mark answers should be roughly 500 words in length. I'm not sure how many pages that would be as I typed my exams, one A4 side maybe? I split my answers into paragraphs, discussing one point with examples/info from the resource booklet/own knowledge in each paragraph :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
When I did A Level Geography (WJEC), our teacher said that the 10 mark answers should be roughly 500 words in length. I'm not sure how many pages that would be as I typed my exams, one A4 side maybe? I split my answers into paragraphs, discussing one point with examples/info from the resource booklet/own knowledge in each paragraph :smile:

Thank you, 1 side of A4 seems right as it says we have around 13 minutes to answer the 10 mark questions.
So for the question I am doing at the moment 'Outline opportunities for increasing energy supplies in one or more countries' should I write a paragraph about each of the ways that energy supplies can be increased that are in the resource booklet?
Thank you, 1 side of A4 seems right as it says we have around 13 minutes to answer the 10 mark questions.
So for the question I am doing at the moment 'Outline opportunities for increasing energy supplies in one or more countries' should I write a paragraph about each of the ways that energy supplies can be increased that are in the resource booklet?

That seems like a good idea. You aren't limited to what's in the resource booklet though, you can add in other points and examples that you've learned too! Also, if you've got a couple of similar points, you can group them together instead of writing separate paragraphs for them :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1741
That seems like a good idea. You aren't limited to what's in the resource booklet though, you can add in other points and examples that you've learned too! Also, if you've got a couple of similar points, you can group them together instead of writing separate paragraphs for them :smile:

That's really helpful, thank you :biggrin:
That's really helpful, thank you :biggrin:

No problem! Best of luck :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending