The Student Room Group

Ocr b2 c2 p2 science! 10th june 2016 unofficial mark scheme

B2

1(C) is things such as conservation programs and genetic variation stuff.
2. No, because they need to have the same genus.
3. Need to be pyramid shaped, they are different because pyramid of numbers is based on number and biomass is based on number and mass. Also biomass is lost at each stage in a food chain.
4. Lichens.
5.Biology 6 marker is just an idea that carbon from the atmosphere gets locked up in limestone as animals after many years fall to the seabed and compress on each other at high pressures so carbon is unable to leave. Acid rain weathers and stuff.
6. Artificial Relationship is based on appearance rather than genes.
7. You can tell that the species are different because if you interbreed them, they can't produce a fertile offspring. They lived of the same adaptations as seen in the picture you can relate the characteristics. You can also talk about geographical isolation.

C2

1. It took a long time before it was widely accepted this is because Wegner was a geologist and it needed to be tested by many scientists for further evidence.
2. Oceanic plate is denser than continental plate so gets subducted underneath continental and allows subduction to occur due to high temperatures and high pressures. It also forms mountains and volcanoes.
3.the yield decreases.
4. Comprise is made and you have to relate each thing to the graph.
5.For 6 marker you need to write stuff like from the symbols given Cl- is attracted to the annode and H+ atoms is attracted to the cathode and Na+, OH- is left over forming sodium hydroxide. Also you can talk about how reduction happens at cathode, gain in electrons vice versa, as oxidation happens at annode so loss in electrons, also thats why it loses mass and cathode gains mass.

P2

1. Alpha is the paper, and the last two cross over in the labels.
2. For biology 6 marker the coal per second is 3x10^10 and you can talk about how electricity is generated such as fuel is burnt, making steam, which turns the turbine and then drives the generator , electricity output and use of step up and step down transformers.
3. 0.075
(b) its 691.2 something like that not sure can't remember but in form of (6xx.2)
4. Model C you can talk about eleptical orbits and it is in the middle of the solar systems due toa pulling of forces called centripetal force and ptomely's idea was tried but proved to be wrong where earth was at the centre. Also sun has later not been proved scientifically wrong and is a plausible conclusion.

5. Aestoroid planets are able to be made because of strong gravity pulling the debris apart. Can't remember exactly what I put but something along the lines of this.

Section D

its kind of straight forward.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For p2 question 4) are u sure it's C because C was in the centre of the universe and since the Copernican theory stated the sun was in the centre of the universe and everything orbited it in perfect circles. However, it was proved wrong as it's been concluded that the sun isn't in the centre or the universe and planets are in orbit around the sun in elongated ellipses. Therefore, shouldn't it be D because D was slightly off the centre of the universe?
Original post by Revision_
For p2 question 4) are u sure it's C because C was in the centre of the universe and since the Copernican theory stated the sun was in the centre of the universe and everything orbited it in perfect circles. However, it was proved wrong as it's been concluded that the sun isn't in the centre or the universe and planets are in orbit around the sun in elongated ellipses. Therefore, shouldn't it be D because D was slightly off the centre of the universe?

I thought it was B because that was when the speed of the comet was at its quickest. The speed of a comet increases as it gets closer to the sun.
What did everyone get for 1 a)? It was a question about why it is important that the sperm whale population does not fall to a critical level. I put that it may cause the food chain to become unbalanced.
Reply 4
Original post by Harratot33
What did everyone get for 1 a)? It was a question about why it is important that the sperm whale population does not fall to a critical level. I put that it may cause the food chain to become unbalanced.

I wrote if it falls to a critical level they are more likely to get extinct.
Reply 5
I thought it was B because that was when the speed of the comet was at its quickest. The speed of a comet increases as it gets closer to the sun.

I wrote that as well!
Reply 6
Are u sure for c2 question 3 was yield decreases, because if it's the graph of sulphirite trioxide you are talking about, then the yield increased I think.
Reply 7
In section d what did you wrote about suggest why rest of Europe , and other two countries need to produce more electricity?
Reply 8
Original post by Ielite
Are u sure for c2 question 3 was yield decreases, because if it's the graph of sulphirite trioxide you are talking about, then the yield increased I think.

It decreased
Original post by Fnt1klo
I wrote if it falls to a critical level they are more likely to get extinct.

MEee too i got that !!!
Reply 10

I believe it is c
Reply 11
Original post by chris2791
MEee too i got that !!!

I got that as well sorry I didnt write answer for 1a
Reply 12
Original post by Fnt1klo
In section d what did you wrote about suggest why rest of Europe , and other two countries need to produce more electricity?

More population so the electricity produced must be more as population grown exponentially.
Reply 13
What will be the predicted grade boundaries?
Reply 14
Would the grade boundaries be 'standard'? Such as 85% (70/85) = A*?
Model B was the anser because an elliptical orbit of a comet is when the comet speeds up faster when closer to the sun it was 90km/s. There is no sign of asteroids colliding because they're too far apart.
Physics 6 marker 75kg burned per second or something.
There's a passive solar heating question it goes like this: infrared radiation is emitted, dark coloured substances absorb the heat, heated substances emit heat over time
H+ + e- -> H2 ( reduction reactions)
Cl- - e- -> Cl2 oxidation
Reply 16
Original post by Drscientist
Model B was the anser because an elliptical orbit of a comet is when the comet speeds up faster when closer to the sun it was 90km/s. There is no sign of asteroids colliding because they're too far apart.
There's a passive solar heating question it goes like this: infrared radiation is emitted, dark coloured substances absorb the heat, heated substances emit heat over time

Wasn't it 2Cl- and 2H+ and 2e-? At least what I wrote and what my textbook says.
I wrote 75kg too, not sure if it's exactly right.
And my textbook would agree on B as it shows that the Sun is at the very left, next to when the orbit turns.
(edited 7 years ago)
2H+ + 2e- ---> H2
2Cl- - 2e- ----> Cl2

Na+ + OH- ----> NaOH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sometimes they don't give you a mark for putting correct letter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Drscientist

My textbook say
H+ + E- H2

OH- + CL- CL2

i didnt put the e- do i loose the marks??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending