The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Science C4 C5 C6 14th June 2016 Discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Has nothing to do with covalent bonding ahaha
Original post by kennethdcharles
Yes that is right.
And your friend is incorrect, it was Pb2+ + 2e- --> Pb sorry about the symbols :biggrin:

No my friends are correct, I was the one who thought it was 4. They both put 2 like you were meant to.

Original post by Ella_08
exactly - i was so upset that diamond didn't come up. I got tonnes wrong! I'm just hoping I got 35/60 cos that's an A... usually. I'm going to do physics tonight but I hate that too, wow, you're one of the few I know how actually likes physics :biggrin: but didn't you say you did well on core chemistry? It should balance out. I need to move on now aha

Same I want at least 35 too. That's definitely the worst exam I've sat so far but hopefully I can pull it back. Haha yeah I also know very few people who like physics, but I'm one of them :smile:
And yeah C123 was nice so it should work out in the end. Same haha
Original post by TheAnonymousMan
And what were similar properties of alkali metals? I put they react with cold water to produce a metal hydroxide and hydrogen gas as well as the fact that they have 1 electron in their outer shell. I also said how they are alkali metals that react with the halogens 😂

Hahaha I just remembered I literally put:
1) They are all metals
2) They all have 1 electron in the outer shell.

Why was I that done with the exam on the first question?? 😂
Original post by Char4ncubex
Well I got this question wrong, I just guessed that lead was a positive ion and put Pb+ + e- = Pb

That's what I did because I was confused about the charge
Original post by reu_taylor
Is there a physics thread or can someone create one please?

Yeah I made one a while back - not limited to P456 though.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4067103
Original post by ahmedismail_1
does that mean ill get 0 marks

Not at all, as long as all your science was correct youbwould get 3/4, if not, then lower.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 146
Original post by NiamhM1801
That should be nice, I love physics :biggrin:

I love physics in general, but I don't like P4 or P5, it just doesn't all make sense to me. I seem to understand the more complicated things but am unable to grasp the simple bits. I love P6 though :biggrin:
Original post by Ben.M
I love physics in general, but I don't like P4 or P5, it just doesn't all make sense to me. I seem to understand the more complicated things but am unable to grasp the simple bits. I love P6 though :biggrin:

Ah really? I find P1-3 a bit dull but from P4 onwards I think it's great :biggrin: particularly P5 and 6, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what questions we get for them. P4's easy once you learn the stuff on acceleration, momentum and work really. I'm like that in maths but not so much physics - I've got to make the hard stuff seem easy so that it'll go in, but the fact I find it interesting helps :biggrin:
Original post by Ella_08
did anyone tick relative atomic mass for that tick box question? Idk if it's right :/

It should be the number of protons
Did u guys write noble gasses , group 0 for the mendeleev one ? Which group he missed out

Posted from TSR Mobile
What were the temperature changes for the exothermic/endothermic 6 marker??
Reply 151
Ah really? I find P1-3 a bit dull but from P4 onwards I think it's great :biggrin: particularly P5 and 6, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what questions we get for them. P4's easy once you learn the stuff on acceleration, momentum and work really. I'm like that in maths but not so much physics - I've got to make the hard stuff seem easy so that it'll go in, but the fact I find it interesting helps :biggrin:

Yeah it's just P4 has so many equations and formulae, I know they're given but there are so many relationships. I can't do P5 because of all the circuit rules, I just can't make them make sense so I don't remember them. :frown:

I find P6 really interesting, anything nuclear and radioactive interests me so I'm good at it. :biggrin:
Original post by shanz123
Did u guys write noble gasses , group 0 for the mendeleev one ? Which group he missed out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but I had no idea for the reason why. I put about how they're so unreactive that they have no observable properties, so he didn't know they existed or something
Yeah but I had no idea for the reason why. I put about how they're so unreactive that they have no observable properties, so he didn't know they existed or something

I said they are so unreactive that they haven't been discovered yet. Hence no observable characteristics. So I think we got similar answers there! :smile: I'm sure you've done better than you think.
Reply 154
Original post by shanz123

I put group 0, just because they hadn't been discovered then, I didn't put any reason for why not, just that they hadn't
Original post by Ben.M
Yeah it's just P4 has so many equations and formulae, I know they're given but there are so many relationships. I can't do P5 because of all the circuit rules, I just can't make them make sense so I don't remember them. :frown:

I find P6 really interesting, anything nuclear and radioactive interests me so I'm good at it. :biggrin:

True, I guess judging which formulae to use can sometimes be a bit tricky too.
I'd say P5 is the hardest of the 3, but it's ok once you get the hang of it.
P6 really interests me too :biggrin: I think it was the one I enjoyed the most when we learnt it
How many marks was that group missin question?
Wasn't there somethin about group 4? About Si and another element and why it's wrong
Original post by TheAnonymousMan
Wasn't there somethin about group 4? About Si and another element and why it's wrong

Yes it was why was Matt right in that row 4/5 of Newland's table given in the question different to today's periodic table!
What did everyone get for the question where you kept having to flick back to the periodic table ?😂 I wrote the elements down however I keep hearing from people that you had to write the SYMBOLS . Will they still give me a mark?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending