The Student Room Group

A-Level Advice (Year 11)

Hey everyone,

I'm currently in year 11 and just about to finish my exams and begin my A Levels. I wanted to ask for any advice for the following subjects which I'll be taking.

Also, what're the best revision guides for the following courses? Are they the CGP ones (as they were at GCSE) or is there something different at A Level?

The courses I'll be taking are:
Further Maths: AQA
Chemistry: OCR
Physics: AQA
Mathematics: AQA

I'm happy to take any general advice or anything that I should take a look at over the hols :P Thanks everyone!
Basically, depending on how many exams you are gonna do in the summer (due to the new format, you don't have to do 4 AS Levels) just start revising properly for exams by February half term. I do Maths AS and it's okay as long as you get how to do it and other than that just practice and go through every past paper when the time comes.I've heard the sciences are pretty tough, but like with GCSE science when you get the method/reasoning you will be fine.
In terms of throughout the year other than exam season, keep your notes in order, you'll be thankful for that when it comes to revision time and just enjoy yourself make sure you work in your frees and try to do as much homework in them as possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hannaha124
Basically, depending on how many exams you are gonna do in the summer (due to the new format, you don't have to do 4 AS Levels) just start revising properly for exams by February half term. I do Maths AS and it's okay as long as you get how to do it and other than that just practice and go through every past paper when the time comes.I've heard the sciences are pretty tough, but like with GCSE science when you get the method/reasoning you will be fine.
In terms of throughout the year other than exam season, keep your notes in order, you'll be thankful for that when it comes to revision time and just enjoy yourself make sure you work in your frees and try to do as much homework in them as possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks. :smile: What do you find are the best revision resources for Maths?
Original post by MersennePrime
Ok thanks. :smile: What do you find are the best revision resources for Maths?

Exam solutions and the physicsandmathstutor website which has all the past papers from every exam board and other resources

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest