The Student Room Group

Going Back To Uni: Student Finance 'Bonus Year'

Hey, I dropped out of Uni this year as I unfortunatley didnt like the course I'd chosen or the area I'd chosen to study in. Therefore I now owe SFE around £6000.

Though after working since April. I'd like to go back and do a course I feel I would enjoy a lot more in a better area for me. I've just logged onto my SFE account and my application has been rejected for next year. Obviously I'm now panicking. I can't even nearly afford to go back without support.

Anyone have any experience of this or know who I need to contact?
Original post by Houmark47
Hey, I dropped out of Uni this year as I unfortunatley didnt like the course I'd chosen or the area I'd chosen to study in. Therefore I now owe SFE around £6000.

Though after working since April. I'd like to go back and do a course I feel I would enjoy a lot more in a better area for me. I've just logged onto my SFE account and my application has been rejected for next year. Obviously I'm now panicking. I can't even nearly afford to go back without support.

Anyone have any experience of this or know who I need to contact?

Give sfe a call, if you ve only used a year of funding this should be easily fixed. However if they ve overpaid you, you either have to give it back before you start or they take it off your entitlement
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Give sfe a call, if you ve only used a year of funding this should be easily fixed. However if they ve overpaid you, you either have to give it back before you start or they take it off your entitlement

Brilliant thank you! I can stop worrying and get to sleep now!

Quick Reply