The Student Room Group

Is 28 to old to start dating ?

I am 28 and I have only ever had a girlfriend once before. We broke up because her brother saw me asking to girls for the time at a bus stop. He went back to her and said I was chatting up girls at the bus stop, and she broke up with me.

Now being that I have Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not otherwise Specified with traits of Aspergers Syndrome, Learning Difficulties and Epilepsy, I am just grateful that I got to experience a relationship for 2 years.

The break up really hit me hard, and even though this happened years ago (when I was 17) I havent really tried dating since.

Now I am 28, and I want a family, I want a relationship, I want to get married.
None of this is going to happen unless I can find a Girl. I swing 2 years in either direction of my own age, this year I am 29 in october, so I will be looking for girls who are between 27 and 31. (I am not entirely sure about age range and this seems like a safe idea)
I live in Bournemouth, so I am looking for someone in bournemouth.
I would be looking for someone who is understanding, caring, compassionate and sympathetic.
I often get things wrong, as, while I may understand humor, I do not understand social normality.
When you are ready to start dating that is the right age to start dating. There really is no time pressure. That being said the general pool of women may be a bit smaller as by 27-31 couples are pairing off but certainly not everyone.....by a long shot. So try some online dating sites and see how you do. You could also join a place of worship for whatever religion you are affiliated with if you have one, that is a great place to meet people with like values. Ha, I know of people who've even been successful meeting at the grocery store....really, The thing is to act confident, even if you aren't. But, remember just because you are now ready to get married and start a family there is a process so you don't freak the girl out. When you meet someone new who you may even fancy start off with friendship in mind. Treat her with respect of a friend first and see how that goes. If you both feel good about being in each others company then you can proceed from there. Just don't jump in with both feet into the relationship and start talking marriage and family immediately. You'll likely scare the girl off. You probably don't need all that advice but I thought I'd throw it out there. Certainly not too old..... now get out and meet some new friends. Good Luck!
Original post by dr_sepheroth
I am 28 and I have only ever had a girlfriend once before. We broke up because her brother saw me asking to girls for the time at a bus stop. He went back to her and said I was chatting up girls at the bus stop, and she broke up with me.

Now being that I have Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not otherwise Specified with traits of Aspergers Syndrome, Learning Difficulties and Epilepsy, I am just grateful that I got to experience a relationship for 2 years.

The break up really hit me hard, and even though this happened years ago (when I was 17) I havent really tried dating since.

None of this is going to happen unless I can find a Girl. I swing 2 years in either direction of my own age, this year I am 29 in october, so I will be looking for girls who are between 27 and 31. (I am not entirely sure about age range and this seems like a safe idea)
I would be looking for someone who is understanding, caring, compassionate and sympathetic.
I often get things wrong, as, while I may understand humor, I do not understand social normality.

No.
I think a lot of people start using official dating agencies at your age because they realise that if they want a baby they'll have to hurry up. So i think it's a good time to start looking, i would recommend finding a dating agency because they can help you find someone looking for the same things as you :smile:
Never too late. You know what you want, just got to find the right person to have it with.

Best of luck in your search buddy. I'm sure there's someone out there for you! :smile:

Original post by Hopefully1
When you are ready to start dating that is the right age to start dating. There really is no time pressure. That being said the general pool of women may be a bit smaller as by 27-31 couples are pairing off but certainly not everyone.....by a long shot. So try some online dating sites and see how you do. You could also join a place of worship for whatever religion you are affiliated with if you have one, that is a great place to meet people with like values. Ha, I know of people who've even been successful meeting at the grocery store....really, The thing is to act confident, even if you aren't. But, remember just because you are now ready to get married and start a family there is a process so you don't freak the girl out. When you meet someone new who you may even fancy start off with friendship in mind. Treat her with respect of a friend first and see how that goes. If you both feel good about being in each others company then you can proceed from there. Just don't jump in with both feet into the relationship and start talking marriage and family immediately. You'll likely scare the girl off. You probably don't need all that advice but I thought I'd throw it out there. Certainly not too old..... now get out and meet some new friends. Good Luck!

Just watch this and you will be inspired.

[video="youtube;ZbXbRTRlKag"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbXbRTRlKag[/video]
Thanks for all your replies and support, I will try finding an online dating agency. Maybe I might have more luck there than in public.
Reply 7
Thanks for all your replies and support, I will try finding an online dating agency. Maybe I might have more luck there than in public.

Hi friend! Try this dating service: http://www.asiandate.com/ . I have some positive experience with using it. I've been dating a girl I met via this service. We're pretty happy together!

hi, do you have a pic?
28 is still very young and you have plenty of time to date.
The only time when I'll ever consider myself "off the dating market" us when im 45.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fatimah9
hi, do you have a pic?

Creep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fatimah9
hi, do you have a pic?

Yes actually,

Attachment not found

Twas the night before christmas, when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The human awake, tucked snug in his bed, used a laptop cam and took an image.
But it weren't for saint nick or anyone else, Just for me and people on Facebook
I can't see the image. Upload it to somewhere like imgur.

I've already answered this before, but going in line with what others have said; 28 is still young, you have time, don't sweat etc. Don't be like me and refuse to date once you get past 25. :P
You're never too old to start dating! And 28 is nowhere near old anyway, you e got your whole life ahead of you, you just need to put yourself out there and be confident. I'm sure you'll find the right girl for you :yep:
Mid to late twenties is the best time for dating. You can literally do any (legal) age group without much social stigma.

You seem like a sweet guy and you have your priorities set you want commitment and to give someone your affection for girls around your age group thats what alot of them want.
Like others have suggested try datong sites apps and get yourself out there
Youve got nothing to lose try approachibg girls or just casually chatting to them idk if your at a till or shop and buold your confidence op

Its never to late to start dating , never to late for love . Let go of the past and move on learn what you can from it and understand its probably her loss lol , you seem like a sweet and sincere guy . Best of luck op keep us updated and remember
Keep smiling :smile:
Smile 43

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending