The Student Room Group

Retaking year 13,failed exams please help

Hi all
Basically irll try and keep it short and sweet

I love reading university and was looking forward to studying economics there with an abb offer , I really liked the uni

I also picked Nottingham Trent as my insurance

After accn3 yesterday I know I will not achieve abb , I know people say wait for results but I not answers 70% of the marks as I ran out of time an most of them I will not get ,so no chane of te a I needs and it's made me really nervous about the rest of my exams
It really got me down and I feel like my life's over and pretty ****ed now without sounding dramatic
I don't want to go to Nottingham Trent
Despite vein a nice uni just for the fact I know an ex poly will limit my chances of a good graduate job

My question is :
Will there be a2 retakes next summer I read a release on the gov website but was very difficult to understand ?

Also will I be likely to receive an offer from reading even though I retook a year ?
(I will not be retaking the year but just the exams an I would get work experiences ran internship relevant to the course ,then I would quit all work in February and prepare to do the exams

So will unis look down on me and not offer me places for retaking the exams at the end of the year ?

Just for clarification my likely poor results tho year were a resul of overconfidence and anxiety and sleep disorders on the later part of the year whilst not cured next year I would makes sure to start revision rakers to reduce the likeliness of my disorders effecting me
I'm 100% sure I could improve next year

Many thanks in advance an sorry this wasn't as shot as I hoped
I think you'll have to ask your college about how to go about resitting. Don't give up on the rest of your exams though because you might only have to resit the one that went really badly instead of all of them. I don't think it will be a barrier to getting onto the course because it's very common for people to have to resit things. Don't panic, just talk to college and try your hardest with the other exams. Don't cancel your ucas yet either because there's no point acting impulsively
Reply 2
Original post by Frankyde17
Will there be a2 retakes next summer

Yes, draft timetables are already available.
Original post by Frankyde17
So will unis look down on me and not offer me places for retaking the exams at the end of the year ?

No.

Nottingham Trent's not a bad place.

Quick Reply

Latest