The Student Room Group

Popular YouTube star Christina Grimmie Murdered Shot and Killed After Concert

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36506082

Absolutely vile and sickening.

May her young soul rest in peace

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
RIP Christina

Very sad, and slightly eerie that the band she was playing with right beforehand was called 'before you exit'
No idea who she was or why she was killed. I guess part of celebrity is to run a higher risk (than Joe public) of attack simply because of the media exposure and hence access by more nut jobs. No excuses for this needless death whatsoever though.

Sad and tragic incident when anyone is cut down in the prime of life - whatever the reason or motive.
So sad. But hey ho that's what happens with your gun laws America. How many more?

RIP was so talented
It is so devastating, this is why America needs to wake up and control their damn gun laws, how many more incidents like this can happen before something finally changes? :frown:
That guy who killed her and committed suicide after is a pussy.

She was so young and she had to die in an awful way- she only wanted to meet her fans and suddenly she got killed.

Disgusting
Reply 6
Original post by Malevolent
So sad. But hey ho that's what happens with your gun laws America. How many more?

RIP was so talented

Original post by Rhythmical
It is so devastating, this is why America needs to wake up and control their damn gun laws, how many more incidents like this can happen before something finally changes? :frown:

Right. Let's blame the guns for firing itself and killing someone innocent, not the idiotic psycho killer who did the crime.
Who is that... Anyways, can't do much about that until america change their laws
Original post by Listers
Right. Let's blame the guns for firing itself and killing someone innocent, not the idiotic psycho killer who did the crime.

But why are they allowed to have a gun in the first place?
Reply 9
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Who is that... Anyways, can't do much about that until america change their laws

Change what laws?
Original post by Listers

Well people don't own guns to pick food up with em...they have em to shoot em...

And your statement while I get your purpose I can't agree and many can't, because US indeed has **** horrid gun "control" because their politicians are being pimped out by the NRA/rifle association.
Reply 11
But why are they allowed to have a gun in the first place?

They have the second amendment allowing people to bear arms.

If the shooter obtains the gun illegally, then that's a different story. But gun laws in America has absolutely Nothing to do with this vile story
Reply 12
No idea who she is, but anybody dying is bad news
Original post by Listers

He used the guns to kill her, nothing else, are you saying they should keep the gun laws? Without the free control of guns, it wouldn't have been easy for him to commit the crime.
Reply 14
Original post by 0to100
Well people don't own guns to pick food up with em...they have em to shoot em...

And your statement while I get your purpose I can't agree and many can't, because US indeed has **** horrid gun "control" because their politicians are being pimped out by the NRA/rifle association.

How is it the Gun's fault here and not the suicidal criminal?

Ta for blanking my other ques :colonhash: but the laws need to be modified but then how does that stop the illegal guns...? That's not laws which is how the civilians are controlled. That's the gov't not sorting out their borders letting anything stream in. For fear of limiting trade in/out the US they clearly don't even bother regulating.
Reply 16
Original post by Rhythmical
He used the guns to kill her, nothing else, are you saying they should keep the gun laws? Without the free control of guns, it wouldn't have been easy for him to commit the crime.

Newsflash.

The guy is a criminal. Making a law banning guns isn't going to stop or prevent criminals for having and obtaining guns, it will only make gun crimes skyrocket which is why states in America with the strictest gun laws have the most gun crimes.
Original post by Listers
How is it the Gun's fault here and not the suicidal criminal?

Ok so killing is bad, we know this. You keep running away deflecting the fact that the US can't sort their issues out because of fear and greed. Can you admit this because you need to.
Original post by 0to100
Ta for blanking my other ques :colonhash: but the laws need to be modified but then how does that stop the illegal guns...? That's not laws which is how the civilians are controlled. That's the gov't not sorting out their borders letting anything stream in. For fear of limiting trade in/out the US they clearly don't even bother regulating.

Oh s***! Sorry, 13.

I agree with your point, and cannot be asked to counter it, as I'm studying.
Thanks for it anyways. I promise to return to it in a month or so...

Spoiler

Original post by Listers
Newsflash.

The guy is a criminal. Making a law banning guns isn't going to stop or prevent criminals for having and obtaining guns, it will only make gun crimes skyrocket which is why states in America with the strictest gun laws have the most gun crimes.

Lol proof? :colonhash:

That means post the gun crime stats and the gun laws of the same state...

Quick Reply

Latest